Ship of the Week : Carrack-class cruiser

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Ship of the Week : Carrack-class cruiser

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:As many fighters as a VicStar in less than a sixtieth of the volume?
Since only six of the fighters can land, the others have to just clamp on I don't hold that against it. Plus the VicStar has 24 fighters in an internal bay along with an Armored Regiment for ground support plus transports and twice the range of the Neb-B.
Captain Seafort wrote:A better combatant than the Carrack despite being less than a fifth the volume and having that bloody spar? If that isn't wanked I'd be very interested to know what is.
I see this more as reputation then fact. The reputation was that NAZI kit was the best in the world, but I expect better of you then to agree with that. I also believe that much of the Neb-B's reputation came from its time in the service of the rebels. In this, most of the exposure was when the Neb-B acted as a support ship on Rebel fighter/bomber raids. Of course it faired better on average since it's prime was in raids with that kind of heavy support vs the Carrack who's main home was on the battle line.

As I said with that long winded rant, I view the Neb-B's glory as nothing more then bloated reputation earned through substandard engagements when compared to the Carrack.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Deepcrush wrote:I think we're in agreement here ....
Captain Seafort wrote:Indeed. ...
Wait, what? ;)
Captain Seafort wrote:I think we're also in agreement that the Neb-B as described in the EU is, to use a technical term, a wanked-out piece of crap.
Deepcrush wrote:I don't believe I would call it "wanked", however I would call it greatly over rated.
Oh, ok. That's better. For a moment you had me concerned about reality? :P And may I say (to make this a semi-related post) I do enjoy these ship-of-the-week SW threads even though I don't participate in them. I've learned more about the SW EU here than I would otherwise since I never really got into reading it.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

:lol:
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Oh, ok. That's better. For a moment you had me concerned about reality? :P
You should stay worried - we're still agreeing in principle, just disagreeing about degrees.

Maybe I should start an ISD thread.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:Oh, ok. That's better. For a moment you had me concerned about reality? :P
You should stay worried - we're still agreeing in principle, just disagreeing about degrees.

Maybe I should start an ISD thread.
For all it might sound absurd, why not? ;) Sorry, bit of paraphrasing there from what you said to me.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I think the ISD edge has just been beaten to death.

However, I must say I agree with Seafort's point about us agreeing to agree. This may explain why its summer and yet still only 48*.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:I must say I agree with Seafort's point about us agreeing to agree.
Are you trying to break the universe?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Why not? This forum has already expended the universe's supply of duct tape trying to repair all the cracks it's created. What's one more crack? :lol:
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:I must say I agree with Seafort's point about us agreeing to agree.
Are you trying to break the universe?
G*dd*mmit you two...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."