Replace Troi with Guinan

The Next Generation
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Replace Troi with Guinan

Post by Sonic Glitch »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Oh, wait. It wasn't just when he was depowered. In the Borg debut didn't they interact? He had his powers then IIRC.
*AHEM* --->
Deepcrush wrote:In "Q Who" he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw her. As though he didn't know she was there.
;)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Oh, wait. It wasn't just when he was depowered. In the Borg debut didn't they interact? He had his powers then IIRC.
Yup, and even then he had no idea she was around.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
*AHEM* --->
Deepcrush wrote:In "Q Who" he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw her. As though he didn't know she was there.
;)
Nick was commenting he only met her when depowered. I was correcting him. ;)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

In Q Who it does seem like she some sort of power. What it is or how powerful is really unknown. We do know there are other 'all-powerful' beings out there.

Thankfully, that was left behind and it just turns out she is a great listener and several hundred years old.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

What "power" are you talking about? I don't recall her ever being hinted to at having some kind of power.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:What "power" are you talking about? I don't recall her ever being hinted to at having some kind of power.
You don't think that a near-god shitting himself when he saw her might suggest that she's got something up her sleeve that might threaten him?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Of course she's different but Mcavoy declared it as her power. The only thing I saw was that Q couldn't read her or even tell she was there without directly seeing her.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

He was pretty unnerved by her, for sure.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm unnerved by skins with G. G. Allin tattoos, but that doesn't mean that they have a "power."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Well she did make a hand gesture very similar to Q's as if she were preparing to defend herself/find him off -- something that would be difficult against an omnipotent being if you didn't have some sort of trick to back it up.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Deepcrush wrote:Of course she's different but Mcavoy declared it as her power. The only thing I saw was that Q couldn't read her or even tell she was there without directly seeing her.
Maybe I should have had been more specific. Anyway, what would she have to make Q actually nervous around her? She had to have something.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

McAvoy wrote:...Anyway, what would she have to make Q actually nervous around her? She had to have something.
Ted Danson?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939