The "creator hypothesis"

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: The "creator hypothesis"

Post by Reliant121 »

League and Union are played differently due to different rules.

Rugby league has a 6 tackle rule. You get 5 tackles to advance from the moment your given side gains the ball. After the 5th tackle, the ball must be kicked away. Ideally, far enough that it will make the opposing team work to get up to the try zone. Rugby league is a fast game, and it's highly dependent on positioning.

Rugby Union has unlimited tackles. Scrums and rucks are also much more prevalent as since there are no tackle limits, speed is not so much of an issue. the game generally revolves a lot more around a brawl of a match through most of the center of play, slowly working your way up the field.

The main division is between north-south in the UK at least. Rugby league is very prevalent in the north of the UK, Rugby union much more so in the south.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sort of like the difference between a smash-mouth running (American) football team (Union) and a pass-oriented, "West-Coast offense" one (league.)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mikey wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:Since that's never happened, I'd rather say that it bothers you when you think you are. And that you occasionally seem to jump to that conclusion.
Except for when it's happened. In any event, this type of situation is the very quintessence of perception being reality, isn't it?
You've said that before and then said that it hasn't happened here. What happens in your neck of the woods I can't comment on, I've never been there.
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I beg your pardon, I live in the armpit of the woods, not the neck.

Anyway... what? :? I've said that "perception being reality" hasn't happened here?
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mikey wrote:I beg your pardon, I live in the armpit of the woods, not the neck.

Anyway... what? :? I've said that "perception being reality" hasn't happened here?
Sorry, I quoted your response to Graham's response to what you said. I don't see why you don't understand ;)
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I have a two-year-old and a six-year-old. If something less significant than a natural disaster or doctor's appointment occurred a week ago, it's completely gone from the attic of my mind.
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mikey wrote:I have a two-year-old and a six-year-old. If something less significant than a natural disaster or doctor's appointment occurred a week ago, it's completely gone from the attic of my mind.
It just shows that some people just aren't prepared to put in the effort to make random madness work. :)
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

If there's effort involved, wouldn't it be focused and conscious - rather than random - madness?
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Mikey wrote:If there's effort involved, wouldn't it be focused and conscious - rather than random - madness?
But then wouldn't you have to be, well, mad to put in the effort to simulate random madness? :mrgreen:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I suddenly get the feeling that I'm witnessing a conversation between Yossarian and Major Major Major Major.
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Random anything is a hard thing for a human mind to do. Try printing out a 5x5 grid and colour in eight random squares. It's real hard to do it without accidentally creating a pattern or favouring some area over another.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...