Space & Time

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Space & Time

Post by Mikey »

Ah, I found it. V (the new one) aired on ABC - that is, non-premium, broadcast TV - from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Tuesday nights. This is a scene that quite honestly didn't really strike me as out of the ordinary.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The reason it's a) noticeable and b) somewhat unusual, is because it's Doctor Who. V isn't a kids show. DW (historically at any rate) is.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I didn't get the vibe the Doctor was calling for Rory because he thought Amy was after him.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:The reason it's a) noticeable and b) somewhat unusual, is because it's Doctor Who. V isn't a kids show. DW (historically at any rate) is.
Considering that, I'd call this (and probably all of Matt Smith DW) a conscious effort to change, rather than a slip or laxity.
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I didn't get the vibe the Doctor was calling for Rory because he thought Amy was after him.
Good point - 11 never really seemed to mind letting tension build between himself and Amy, especially if it was at the expense of discomfiting Rory.
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Perhaps I am remembering the old series with kid's eyes (and I did drop out about the time Tom Baker left).

His calling Rory is a continuation of the ep where Amy gets all horny and is all over him, so he drags her off to see Rory. Since then he's been a bit leery of her doing that kind of thing.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

GrahamKennedy wrote:His calling Rory is a continuation of the ep where Amy gets all horny and is all over him, so he drags her off to see Rory. Since then he's been a bit leery of her doing that kind of thing.
Subsequent to that, though, he was awfully familiar with her at her wedding(!) although admittedly not in a way that could be called lecherous.
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

To our american members: where are you catching Who? I haven't seen it on tv in a long time (on PBS).

Syfy channel?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:To our american members: where are you catching Who? I haven't seen it on tv in a long time (on PBS).

Syfy channel?
BBC America, mostly. Reruns (Eccleston and Tennant) are playing on BBC America every weekday 10:00 am - 11:00 am, and Smith ones are playing somewhere in their "Sci-Fi Saturday" lineup. New season is set to air on BBC America starting 4/23.
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Damn. I don't think I get that channel. :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

I get mine via Itunes.
Genius insania et conseri manum