Sons of Guns

Everything else
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Sons of Guns

Post by Lighthawk »

Anyone else watching this? I just added it to my DVR about a week ago and am still watching, so it's got my interest for the moment. My enthusiasm for and knowledge of guns is fairly casual, but they seem to be turning out some rather interesting ideas. Suppressed shotgun, integrated suppressor for an AK-47, alligator kill stick was a nasty little toy, modernized tommy gun, which was pretty neat but I have to agree with Vince, it was almost criminal to take a classic looking weapon like that and redo it.

The Red Jacket guys are fairly amusing, they really live up to the stereotype of the southern gun nut. They really are a bunch of big kids playing with dangerous toys, especially the bell cannon and the Browning machine gun.

It's interesting, and has me watching almost more just to see what they'll do next than by any measure of how much I enjoy it.

Plus Stephanie's pretty cute, especially when she's showing up guys off the street as far as gun know how goes.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Sons of Guns

Post by Tsukiyumi »

What channel is this on?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Discovery
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'll have to watch for it.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I've caught a few episodes but for some reason it just doesn't click with me.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I started watching it but since all they do is special projects I lost interest. having some normal firearms and potential comparisons would keep it fresher. This is like Monster Garage for guns.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The last one I saw had them converting a M1919 into a man portable shoulder fired gun. Which just prompted a huge, "why?" from me. It was doing something just to do it which is often a perfectly valid reason to do something but at the end of the day all i could think is that if that's all the guy wanted to do they make plenty of weapons that fire comparable rounds that are lighter, more controllable, and didn't cost thousands of dollars to mod a perfectly good classic into an ugly ass POS.

I remember what completely turned me off to them though. The guy in charge got his hands on a mint condition, not even assembled, WWII vintage M2HB. He brought in an expert on them and got pissed when the expert tried to teach him about the gun instead of just building it. Then... oh fuck this guy, then, he had his guys etch his company's logo into a mint condition vintage WWII M2HB. Fucking asshole.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

That's pretty much why I haven't continued to watch this. The point of most of what gets done on the show seems to be more to do something for the show, rather than have a show about doing useful things.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer