Top ten of TNG

The Next Generation
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Re: Top ten of TNG

Post by kostmayer »

Might I suggest giving us picking our own top ten episodes, which then get a scored of 10 for first pick, down to 1 for our last. Having us pick on episode each might not give a good spread, given the amount of episodes. Especially if only a dozen of us pick :)
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

kostmayer wrote:Might I suggest giving us picking our own top ten episodes, which then get a scored of 10 for first pick, down to 1 for our last. Having us pick on episode each might not give a good spread, given the amount of episodes. Especially if only a dozen of us pick :)
That's kinda what I meant but obviously didn't say too well. personally I know right now bout 5 - 6 of my favorites off the top of my head but I'll need time to work out the rest. That said it could work out to being a very long process for us all to sort stuff out :-)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

If only there was a website with a list of all the episodes and a mini description to aid my memory.

Google here I come.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I know its a horror isn't it, we could nearly pay a guy or two to run the thing :-)

All joking aside, are we allowed individual episodes of a two parter? As in Best of both worlds 1 & 2 or are they counted as 1 choice because they're one story?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I don't see why not, especially given that BoBW 2 was a bit of a disappointment after the setup of part 1.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Cool, lets get brewing our formulations - though Deep suggested it first so he gets to make the thread, unless he's away for a few days making some unspeakable southern ritual happen :-)
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Okay, missed a bit and there's some question as to why I said top twenty. Reason is that I don't believe you can have a truly good summary of TNG's finest in just ten episodes.

"BoBWs" is meaningless without "Q Who", "Family" and finally "I Borg" to support. Try to think of the understanding of the Klingons in "Sins of the Father" without "Reunion" or "Redemption". Or the Romulans from "Unification" without "Drumhead", "Defector" and "Enemy"to give us a story to fall into. Watch "Wounded" and then seeing "Chain of Command" afterwards. Right there you have 13 eps which barely leaves any room even if you're looking at 20 in all.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

colmquinn wrote:Cool, lets get brewing our formulations - though Deep suggested it first so he gets to make the thread, unless he's away for a few days making some unspeakable southern ritual happen :-)
What are you talking about???
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

You know, summoning our pagan Southern Gods.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tsukiyumi wrote:You know, summoning our pagan Southern Gods.
You mean God?

And no, we don't summon God... we praise him and summon ammunition because we are all perfectly born to know his will... Which by the way DOES involve under age drinking, smoking and sex with inbreeding just so you worthless heretics know! :P
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Deepcrush wrote:
You mean God?

And no, we don't summon God... we praise him and summon ammunition because we are all perfectly born to know his will... Which by the way DOES involve under age drinking, smoking and sex with inbreeding just so you worthless heretics know! :P
Sorry dude, we obviously belong to a differnt great old one, or then again b there's just you :-)

Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow there be be future.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ah... see we have the "Eat, Drink and be merry for tomorrow we die" thing going.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:
You mean God?

I think he meant summoning Dwayne Allman and Marshall Tucker.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Actually, I was talking about Bill Hicks and Dimebag Darrell. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I was thinking about a kegger.