"V" 2011

Everything else
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: "V" 2011

Post by Mikey »

If you're looking for Marc Singer to come shooting sh*t up with a ray gun, you're going to remain disappointed.

That said, it definitely picks up, though it remains a more cerebral show than the original "V."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Certain aspects are definetly superior. For example, the V sleeper agents, and the fact they have cloned human flesh over their reptilian bodies, rather than a latex face mask. Also, the funny voices they later retconned out did nothing at all.

But, after four episodes, we see four people in the "resistence", no advanced weapons, or otherwise action except the warehouse attack, and the flu shot explosion.

And seeing Marc Singer with a ray gun would have taken it from good to uber awesome :D
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Season 2 includes an ex-Mossad agent. That's all I'm saying.
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

You guys and your stubborn refusal to spoil a show for me.......................your the best :P
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Wait until you catch up to last night's ep, Mark. :twisted:

Are you familiar with the NYPD's Bureau of Special Services?
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I find the show is interesting though slow at times, but I enjoy it enough to watch it.

That and Anna and... her daughter's whats-her-face,
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

NYPD's Bureau of Special Services
The who?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Mark wrote:
NYPD's Bureau of Special Services
The who?
BOSS is sort of like a SWAT unit, but specially trained for counter-terrorism.
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Mikey wrote:If you're looking for Marc Singer to come shooting sh*t up with a ray gun, you're going to remain disappointed.
Funny you should say that, guess who just showed up.

Won't spoiler it yet, but anyone who has stuck with this show to the last episode will be well rewarded. I only hope the show is renewed.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm really enjoying it...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

kostmayer wrote:
Mikey wrote:If you're looking for Marc Singer to come shooting sh*t up with a ray gun, you're going to remain disappointed.
Funny you should say that, guess who just showed up.

Won't spoiler it yet, but anyone who has stuck with this show to the last episode will be well rewarded. I only hope the show is renewed.
Yeah, last night's show was some real sh*t. If any more main - or at least important - characters bought agricultural property last night, I would suspect Dan Abnett was involved. Well, a fine mess our protagonists are in:
Hobbs is AWOL, Ryan has assumed room temperature, Lisa's imprisoned, Anna has found a neat solution to blissing humanity, and Tyler's mostly dead.
Hopefully Ares will do a damned sight more now than they have so far.

PS - I had read about Singer making an appearance, but I didn't really believe it.
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sure would be nice if they would show it on Hulu. I can't figure out any reasonable explanation why they don't.

I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Haven't seen much of Marc Singer after V. He popped up in an episode of Highlander, think that's about it. I would have prefered to see Michael Ironside back but I ain't complaining about Marc.
Diana's death was brilliantly done. Up there with Samuel L Jackson being taken from behind by a brainy shark.

There's still the storyline with Hobb's kidnapped missus to resolve, wasn't much they could do with Ryan, his daughter and new evil Lisa will make great protaganists. I really didn't expect Ryan to bite it (or rather get bitten) either. Having Lisa watch almost made it upsetting, though I did still cheer inside.

I can imagine Erica's newfound humanity is gonna take a kicking when she discovers Hobb's betrayal and Ryan's death. She ain't gonna be happy with Lisa.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Sure would be nice if they would show it on Hulu. I can't figure out any reasonable explanation why they don't.

I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD.
abc.com isn't even showing full eps anymore, but they are out there - day after broadcast. F***ed if I remember a site, but once this season my DVR crapped the bed and I went to find an ep the next day. Search "V full episodes" or something and you should be able to find one, maybe for the expense of downloading a free codec.

@ Kostmayer - I agree about
Diana's death being well done. I still think the jury's out on Hobbs - I believe they may go for the old reliable "redemption of the anti-hero" thing in his case, deciding to go ahead and fight the fight despite what the V's may hold over him. Chances are his old GF is lizard food by now anyway.
One thing I can tell you - Erica's going to go absolutely, grade-A batshit when she finds out about
Tyler's new status as potential lizard shit.
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Some witty young poster on IMDB has suggested that
Chad may also be replaced by an alien creating a Double Decker if you will