Lost In Time-the Missing Episodes

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Lost In Time-the Missing Episodes

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Lost In Time: Wiped, Junked But Not Forgotten (Part 1)
Part 2
Part 3

SF Debris looks at what happened to the Missing Episodes and how it happened.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Lost In Time-the Missing Episodes

Post by Captain Seafort »

One of Chuck's best, and probably the most detailed look I've ever seen about what exactly happened to those episodes, and the efforts to recover them. Hopefully they'll all either turn up (very unlikely) or get the same treatment as The Invasion (preferably starting with either The Tenth Planet 4 or Power of the Daleks).
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I agree. Very detailed look here. I didn't know about missing episodes for the longest time. The Invasion animation looked incredible!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I agree. Very detailed look here. I didn't know about missing episodes for the longest time. The Invasion animation looked incredible!
What I've always found particularly disappointing about the missing episodes is that a) Troughton's stories have suffered particularly badly, b) the Dalek stories (Master Plan, Power and Evil) likewise and worst of all c) Tenth Planet 4/Power of the Daleks 1 are gone - the two most important episodes after An Unearthly Child 1. At least The War Games has been recovered.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I've got the War Games on DVD. Not too bad, there. Drags a bit but otherwise good.

Hmm, my local PBS station used to broadcast Doctor Who. Maybe I should hit them up.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I've got the War Games on DVD. Not too bad, there. Drags a bit but otherwise good.
It could have done with being cut back a little, but it's easily the best final episode of any of the Doctors.
Hmm, my local PBS station used to broadcast Doctor Who. Maybe I should hit them up.
For all that it might seem daft at first mention, why not?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Seafort wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I've got the War Games on DVD. Not too bad, there. Drags a bit but otherwise good.
It could have done with being cut back a little, but it's easily the best final episode of any of the Doctors.
Best part for me is the Doctor telling Jamie about his people and Jamie's all, "Well, that's all right then!" and the Doctor's all, "No, it's not."

Quoted from bad memory. I sent the DVD to my friend Kathy, who has gotten hooked on Who herself.
Precisely. Why not? I'm now legit considering it seriously...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Precisely. Why not? I'm now legit considering it seriously...
Be sure to offer a pledge...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Off you go then. I await the Beeb's report of complete copies of all missing DW serials being discovered in New Hampshire. :P
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Seafort wrote:Off you go then. I await the Beeb's report of complete copies of all missing DW serials being discovered in New Hampshire. :P
And when that happens, I'll use it as bargaining to get Undecim filmed as the next series. :laughroll: