New dumbass scams thread

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: New dumbass scams thread

Post by Lighthawk »

Got this today
Please my good friend,
I am the General Audit Manager, Accounts Department in our bank. I have the opportunity of transferring the sum of (120million USD). This fund originally belonged to one of our bank customer, who died in the year 2002.

My request for a foreigner to stand as next of kin in this business is because of the fact that the customer is a foreigner. Based on the fact that this is a deal, I propose that 50% of this fund will go to you while 50% will go to me. I will give you more detail of the transfer process as soon as you show your interest in this transaction and I hear from you.
Thanks,
Dennis Robert
These people aren't even trying any more.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

:lol:

Not only the typical scam, but with the pretense of criminal activity as the bait. Gotta love it.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Because every criminal knows the only person you can trust is the complete stranger you never even met on the internet.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mark wrote:Because every criminal knows the only person you can trust is the complete stranger you never even met on the internet.
Of course!
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Greetings to you,

It is my pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I hope you will be able to assist out.Actually I am the protection clerk of the Liberia refugee camp here in Accra,Ghana.

I have been approached by young boy called Larry Weah and his sick mother to assist them look for a reliable receiver to receive their family box which was sent to your country 2 weeks ago,the diplomat was suppose to deliver the box to their family partner in your country,on getting there it was discover that the partner was dead. His lawyer has given us the right to look for a new person to receive the box from the diplomat in your country.

If you can assist the family pick up this box from the diplomat in your country,then reply to me immediately,as the family is very worried that they might lost (Ten Millon Us Dorllas) which is in the box.The family says you will be given 10% if you can assist them receive the consignment box on their behalf.You will also help them to buy a house and invest in your country for a percentage fee.

Reply back with the following details below:

1) Full Names
2) Contact Address
3) Contact phone numbers
4) city
5) Scan copy of ID if any.

I will be waiting for your prompt response.

Regards,

Mr Billy Sagale

Email: (sagaleone@yahoo.com.hk)
At least this guys english is better than most.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

His story however is lamer than most. "Yeah we put $10 mil in a box and sent it to some guy who turned out to be dead, and now we need someone else to take it because...well just because how incontinent would it be to have to bring that money back right?"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

It's entirely accurate. Unfortunately, 10 million Dorllas = 53 cents.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Lighthawk wrote:His story however is lamer than most. "Yeah we put $10 mil in a box and sent it to some guy who turned out to be dead, and now we need someone else to take it because...well just because how incontinent would it be to have to bring that money back right?"
But he's not in Nigeria, he's in Ghana, therefore there can be no possibility of him being a scammer. :lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Lighthawk wrote:His story however is lamer than most. "Yeah we put $10 mil in a box and sent it to some guy who turned out to be dead, and now we need someone else to take it because...well just because how incontinent would it be to have to bring that money back right?"
But he's not in Nigeria, he's in Ghana, therefore there can be no possibility of him being a scammer. :lol:
Precisely. Don't be a pussy, he looks legit.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

One that actually got me - I got an email off eBay saying I'd bid on an item which I hadn't. Without thinking I clicked on the link, went to a page that looked just like eBay, put my username and password in, and had a look.

Ten seconds later I thought "hey, this isn't eBay's URL..." :worried:

Fortunately I went straight to the real eBay, changed the password on my account, reported the scam to them, and never had any problems because of it.

Lately I've had a few more scam emails. Pretty poor stuff :
WORLD DEBT RECOVERY COMMITTEE
98540 EAST OLYMPIA
WASHINGTON DC
USA

UNCLAIMED FUND NOTIFICATION

I am Mr. John Carter of the newly inaugurated World Debt Recovery committee (WDRC).My committee has a mandate to recover unpaid debts associated with NNPC contracts,Lottery fund, inheritance fund, loans and grants etc ranging from $1M-$19.5M owed to various beneficiaries and companies across the globe (Asia, Europe, USA, Africa, and Australia) and submit the list of the unpaid beneficiaries/companies to the 2 appointed official paying Banks for immediate payment of the fund.

In the course of our investigation, your email address/particulars were shortlistedamong the first fifteen individuals yet to be paid hence this email. However, we received a petition today from one Mrs. Christina Morgan that you are dead. According to her, you died in a plane crash as such your fund should be paid to her as the apparent heir. She has also submitted her Bank account with Bank of America for the transfer of the fund to her.

To avoid undue delay or paying the fund to wrong individual/beneficiary, I have decided to contact you for confirmation. If I fail to hear from you after 72 hours, it will be assumed that the petition of Mrs. Morgan is true and the fund will be paid to her without further delay. Therefore, if you are still alive, reconfirm your particulars,

(1) Your full name.
(2) Phone, fax and mobile #.
3) company's name, position and address.
4) Profession, age and marital status.
5) Copy of int'l passport or any scanned identity to prove yourself.and how you want
your fund paid to you immediately for the attention of the paying officer. response to my emailaddress: mrjohncarter00@kimo.com

Yours Sincerely
Mr. John Carter
(WDRC)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

You're very lively for a dead man, Graham. :lol:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Indeed. I think it's pretty common knowledge that the best way to confirm someone's rumored death is to the e-mail the dead person. :roll:
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I got one in Facebook. Something about a dead relative that lived in South America. Apparently, he had 5 million dollars.

You would think that if I had a relative that actually knew who I was or had contact info on me that i would know who he was too, especially if he was worth 5 million dollars. I don't think my whole combined family is worth that much...

D- for the effort.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Wow, what happens if you go on vacation for a week and don't check email. Do you come home and find the morgue bus waiting for you?