SF Debris: Nothing Human

Voyager
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: SF Debris: Nothing Human

Post by Tyyr »

What dichotomy? That I can admit Phillips had an excellent performance but still think the rest of the episode blows?

And I'm not trying to make anything out of it. It's a discussion. You say it's archetypal story telling and I agree but I relate it back to my early statements in that while it's archetypal it's refusal to do anything with the archetype is one of the reasons its in my opinion a bad episode.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:What dichotomy? That I can admit Phillips had an excellent performance but still think the rest of the episode blows?
No, the dichotomy of continually saying that you don't have a problem in theory with archetypal plots and themes, then going on to say that your issue with "Jetrel" was the fact that it had all been done. Like I said, it doesn't matter a rat's ass if your reasoning seems arbitrary to anyone but you. You don't need to justify your dislike of the ep, any more than I have to justify my appreciation for it.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mikey wrote:No, the dichotomy of continually saying that you don't have a problem in theory with archetypal plots and themes, then going on to say that your issue with "Jetrel" was the fact that it had all been done.
And you intentionally leave off the qualifier, "If it is done well or brings something new to the concept." The only issue there would be if I said I had no problem with Jetrel even though it was done so poorly. Since I loathe Jetrel specifically because they took the stock story and then did a shitty job telling it there's no issue.

The whole point of these threads is to discuss the episodes including why you do or do not dislike them. Otherwise everyone would just post, "Like" or "Don't Like" and it'd be pretty damn boring.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sure would. The fact of the matter, though, is that if I like something which you don't my opinion is still as valid as yours.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer