Droid Tablet

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Droid Tablet

Post by Tyyr »

The wife is talking about getting me a Droid tablet for my graduation. Question is which one? So, opinions? And before it's suggested, fuck the iPad,
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Droid Tablet

Post by Reliant121 »

I quite like my iPad and i despise apple.

However, with droid tablets my inkling would be for the Archos 101 or the Samsung galaxy tab. The Galaxy tab is similar money as the iPad but it's a very complete device. Smaller thou. The Archos is same size as iPad and fair bit cheaper which means some compromises, but it should be a fairly solid device. I personally would go with the Samsung out of brand snobbery, but that's me.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I'm looking at the Dell Streak once my contract runs out. Only a 5 inch screen, people are still arguing over wether its a phone, tablet, or both / neither. Not as much screen space as a full tablet but much more mobile.

Aside from the Galaxy Tab, I haven't read about any other decent Android Tables as yet.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

The problem with Android Tablets is that none of them have a Tablet OS, google said several times that Android 2.2 is not made for a Tablet, it's made for a smart phone, so there are almost no apps that run well on it, and the OS itself doesn't work well on the Tablets, however, once Gingerbread comes out real android tablets will be coming out everywhere.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well in that case I'll be waiting for a true tablet OS and size does matter in this case. I don't want a slightly overgrown phone.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

When android 3.0 or 2.3 (I cant remember which one is which) comes out, it will be designed purposely for tablet devices. Apps will work properly as well instead of bring upscaled.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I believe it will be 2.3 not 3.0 that will be tablet optimized, but yeah, wait for that release, however its not going to be released until at least Febuary as it's not even in alpha testing yet.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well then it looks like a Kindle for Christmas. She really wants to get me a geek toy.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Tyyr wrote:The wife is talking about getting me a Droid tablet for my graduation. Question is which one? So, opinions? And before it's suggested, f**k the iPad,
Gosh, I didn't know that they're brought out an attachment for that.
email, ergo spam
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939