Star Wreck, The Pirkinning

Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Star Wreck, The Pirkinning

Post by Victory is Life »

Very well and meticulously animated CGI battle from some Polish Star Trek knockoff movie, featuring ships from every Trek generation facing off against Earthforce ships from B5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLk0hhWBhEE - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX6Njv0OwLk - Part 2

Star Trek was the clear victor in this battle, but do you feel it would have went down this way? I'm not so sure that B5 would have been able to hold it's own this long, just my opinion. :happydevil:
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Re: Star Wreck, The Pirkinning

Post by Griffin »

I foresee a telling off.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Dude, seriously. What part of "No vs. debates," is confusing you?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I have to agree. DITL's rules are generally not that overbearing but the one holy mantra besides don't be an asshole is that you dont versus debate. Ever. That includes skirting the rules, that includes not actually saying vs. and it most definitely includes whether Universe A holds against Universe B. before the mods give you a kicking worthy of the children of High Terra, give it a rest.
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Reliant121 wrote:I have to agree. DITL's rules are generally not that overbearing but the one holy mantra besides don't be an asshole is that you dont versus debate. Ever. That includes skirting the rules, that includes not actually saying vs. and it most definitely includes whether Universe A holds against Universe B. before the mods give you a kicking worthy of the children of High Terra, give it a rest.

In no way shape or form did I mention a VS Anything. I believe it is YOU that should give it a rest. Expressing my opinion that I stated above is not in any way breaking the rules, it is precisely what it was intended to be, an opinion. Whatever you choose to derive from my posting, that is your choice, I have stated my intent and that is all that matters, ultimately, your 'opinion' of what I posted and what my intent was from your POV is null and void, and unltimately meaningless.
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

1) you're attitude reeks.

2) I'm trying to save you trouble, man. DITL's policy of vs. debates includes opinions. We just don't post them, period.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

The problem isn't that you posted a link, it's that you asked a specific VS question in the OP.

Reliant's point is valid.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Reliant121 wrote:1) you're attitude reeks.

2) I'm trying to save you trouble, man. DITL's policy of vs. debates includes opinions. We just don't post them, period.
My attitude reeks? I think not. The sensitivity level methinks is quite a bit high. I have seen other users in this forum getting insulted and butchered, but MY attitude reeks? take a pill, I posted the vids, expressed my opinion, and asked for anyone elses opinion on how that battle would have gone down in their minds. You are acting like I bred ninja pirate dinosaurs that shoot mini ninja pirate dinosaurs that...breathe laser beams, and unleashed them on a newborn baby ward in a hospital.
- Female Changeling
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Victory is Life wrote: Star Trek was the clear victor in this battle, but do you feel it would have went down this way? I'm not so sure that B5 would have been able to hold it's own this long, just my opinion. :happydevil:
I'm pretty sure this counts as starting a VS debate
Victory is Life wrote: and asked for anyone elses opinion on how that battle would have gone down in their minds.
and this.
Last edited by Griffin on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

AND, on another note, when the source material I am posting is, in itself, a VS battle, how can one avoid the discussion, does that mean there is a publication ban in this forum of posting SOURCE material that is in itself, a VS battle?
- Female Changeling
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Simple.

Don't post it with the intention of debating. If its about enjoyment, then sure fine. But if it's with the intention of discussing A vs. B then it does not get posted.
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Reliant121 wrote:Simple.

Don't post it with the intention of debating. If its about enjoyment, then sure fine. But if it's with the intention of discussing A vs. B then it does not get posted.
Again, not the intention, garnering opinion was the intent. The opinion of ONE person on how the battle would have went down, does not constitue a debate. You and I are debating this point as we speak, so essentially this is a 'my intention vs. your opinion' vs debate, that YOU started. So in effect, you yourself are the one butchering the forum rules, not me.
- Female Changeling
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I hate to be the one to quote "Regulation" as it were but;
* No "my sci-fi universe would beat up your sci-fi universe" threads. No matter how well intentioned or reasonable it might start, ultimately no good comes of this.
so, erm ViL you are breaking the forum rules, and Reliant hasn't broken any of them.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Since Tsu posted in white, and you therefore didn't seem to get the fact that he is a moderator here, I will try to make this explicit:

STOP IT.
If you had posted those vids with the comment, "Hey look at this - neat-o!" then fine - chances are we'd have gone four more posts until I'd be telling someone else to stop it. However, you posted them with the intention - bald-faced invitation, actually - to break the cardinal guideline of this forum. I am willing to pretend to believe the argument of "it wasn't me, it was the source material" - once. If "vs." debate begins in here, the thread will be locked. If you engender it any more, you will be warned.
Victory is Life wrote:garnering opinion was the intent.
Garnering opinion on 'Trek vs. B5 This may not be done, so stop.
Victory is Life wrote:The opinion of ONE person on how the battle would have went down, does not constitue a debate. You and I are debating this point as we speak, so essentially this is a 'my intention vs. your opinion' vs debate, that YOU started. So in effect, you yourself are the one butchering the forum rules, not me.
I am now losing my patience and my willingness to just let this end and move on. This sort of semantic evasion is not looked upon kindly around here. You broke the rules - maybe inadvertently, which I'm willing to go with for now - learn from it and move on, and stop trying to pin the blame on people who were trying to look out for your best interests.

In case you weren't sure, when a mod post in green it is not a subject for debate nor is it an attempt to "garner an opinion."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Yeah, I guess I didn't make that clear.

"Hi, my name is Tsukiyumi, and I'm a moderator..."
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939