The Customer is NOT always right.

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

The Customer is NOT always right.

Post by Nickswitz »

I don't know if anyone has seen this site before, but it is amazing, just lets us know we are the odd minority of intelligent life on this planet, and by us, I don't mean humans, I mean us registered on the forum.
http://notalwaysright.com/getting-to-th ... oblem/3355
http://notalwaysright.com/the-commute-m ... -world/641
http://notalwaysright.com/the-unfantastic-mr-fox/5565
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Re: The Customer is NOT always right.

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

My favourite of all was the tale of a customer screaming at a music store that the music store should take back the disc he bought and give him a 100% refund. That he was a lawyer, and knew his rights, blablabla...

Another (female) customer came up from the line, and looked at the bill. She said the bill was an agreed contract between him and the music store, that it was a definitive transaction and nothing there said he had any "right" of refund. That if he was a Lawyer, he'd know that, and stating falsely that you are a lawyer is mis-representation, which is a criminal offense. Would you like to change your statement, sir?

The man simply became blank and ran out of the store. The female customer turned to the cashier and said: "I've worked in retail for years, I've always wanted to do that!"
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Sorry for the double-port, but I just read #3..

And... :shock:

I mean, WTF? What was that? The guy isn't even obnoxious. He's nice about it, and simply disapointed to be refused. WHAT WAS THAT?!
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:Sorry for the double-port, but I just read #3..

And... :shock:

I mean, WTF? What was that? The guy isn't even obnoxious. He's nice about it, and simply disapointed to be refused. WHAT WAS THAT?!
Yup, it was just to awkward not to be told. Some people really like dressing up as foxes, well, usually it's slightly worse then a fox, so thank goodness for this one.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Well I guess we know that blackstar is up to these days :P
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
USSEnterprise
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by USSEnterprise »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Well I guess we know that blackstar is up to these days :P
I thought blackstar's people were mortal enemies of foxes...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Lemme share one from right here at Mercedes Benz. A guy comes in and sits down at the GMs desk and announces that his car is a POS and a lemon and he wants his money back. This guy has driven the car for 18 months already and is deminding high blue book value. High blue book is about 7K more than he paid for the car, and he's sitting back, demanding a new car AND a check. He was a lawyer too.

GM kicked him the fuck out.

The best part is, he had his car in service at the time. He took his spare key and stole his car out of servce, without paying, and tried to say we had lost his car. Problem was, he was caught on tape.

We called the police and pressed charges for theft in the first degree. :mrgreen:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Mark wrote:Lemme share one from right here at Mercedes Benz. A guy comes in and sits down at the GMs desk and announces that his car is a POS and a lemon and he wants his money back. This guy has driven the car for 18 months already and is deminding high blue book value. High blue book is about 7K more than he paid for the car, and he's sitting back, demanding a new car AND a check. He was a lawyer too.

GM kicked him the f**k out.

The best part is, he had his car in service at the time. He took his spare key and stole his car out of servce, without paying, and tried to say we had lost his car. Problem was, he was caught on tape.

We called the police and pressed charges for theft in the first degree. :mrgreen:
Brilliant.

I've got to say, as someone who has worked customer service positions before, not only is the customer not always right, there are more usually wrong. Unless of course they are talking to the customer relations people, then it's the store employees who were obviously wrong and how many free vouchers will it take to make up the mistake? Spineless fucks.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

We once had a dude similarly arrested for taking a car out of service without paying. Good times.

And I can't even count the number of times someone came in with a "lemon law" complaint. Most of the time, it is for three different issues within about 3 years - whereas the real lemon law is only valid if the car has the exact same problem (symptom and cause) three times within either 10 or 12 months.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

We had a lady named Jessica Hahn (no, not that one) come in to our store at Radio Shack and bought a Boost Mobile Blackberry Curve 8330 for $199. She came in 2 weeks later when it was very busy and got a refund, but she left the store with the phone as well, and we didn't realize it until it was too late. A friend of hers came in a couple of weeks later and wanted to know if we could activate his Boost Mobile Blackberry on a new account under his name, and when we checked out the IMEI number, we discovered that it was the exact phone Jessica Hahn walked out with. She sold it to this guy for $50! He gave us her address and phone number and we called the cops. She's now in jail awaiting a trial. Then her mother called and thanked us for calling the cops on her, saying she needs to be put in prison. Turns out she has a rap sheet as long as my arm.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Anyone who's worked retail, and that includes me, will tell you that the customer is almost always wrong and will be a complete fucking jackass about it to boot.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:Anyone who's worked retail, and that includes me, will tell you that the customer is almost always wrong and will be a complete f***ing jackass about it to boot.
Fortunately, they will also almost back off with tail tucked firmly between their legs if you stand them up.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Unless your manager won't back you up and will throw your ass under the bus to appease the customer then chew your ass out over it.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

about stupid spineless managers

I once worked in a Convenience store, selling gas, beer, cigaretts and lottery (society's main vices). I had a training before hand regarding the sale of cigarets to underaged customers.

It was a basic video with stupid questions thereafter. Simple: Ask if the person seems below 25, don't accept any excuses, don't accept to sell to a kid that says it's for his/her mother/father/etc, if you have reason to suspect, ask an adult if they are buying cigarets to a kid ('cause you have seen them talking and handing some money). If they answer they are buying for them, then refuse to sell. Violating these regulations can be fined 2500$ for the cashier and 15 000$ for the establishment.

One night, a guy came over. I asked him his ID, and he tells me he doesn't have them. I suspect he's 17-19, so there's reason to ask him. Come back 5 minutes later his buddy from the same car, and I (justly) ask him if it's for his buddy. He says yes. So I refuse. He starts giving me shit, telling me to sell him the damn cigarets. He later tells the cigarets if for himself (bulls...), etc... I tell him the law is clear. He finally make me call my manager, which tells me:

"It's not your business what he does with the cigarets later. SEll him the damn packet"

I quit that job 2 weeks later. What a crazy irresponsible bitch she was.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

double post
Last edited by SolkaTruesilver on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.