What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by Mikey »

Reliant121 wrote:My mother's gushing at the moment, since this is my last year at school.

"My boy's growing up" at which point she leaps upon me in a smothering manner.
And when you go off to uni, Lord help you if you don't call at least 2-3 times per week...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Man, makes me glad I graduated a long time ago.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Mikey wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:My mother's gushing at the moment, since this is my last year at school.

"My boy's growing up" at which point she leaps upon me in a smothering manner.
And when you go off to uni, Lord help you if you don't call at least 2-3 times per week...
It's unlikely I'll be able to afford living away from home. They were talking about putting the fees up to £7000 a year, meaning it would be something like £28000 overall to get a degree. You can do the conversion :P
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I'm pissed off right now. I had an Intel i7 machine spec'd out and ready to buy only to find the combo deals on Newegg that let me pull it off expired this morning and the price is back over my budget by about $150. Fuck.

And why the fuck are 90% of the motherboards made fucking blue?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Got to replace the battery of an Eclipse today. An old one. The battery blew up, acid and... stuff was all over the engine. I was walking by when the guy opened his hood.
Replacing the battery was easy, the cleanup beforehand was hard. The 90+ temp didn't help.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I would guess not, Stitch.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Reliant121 wrote:it would be something like £28000 overall to get a degree.
For real? That's something like average yearly tuition for a private university over here, not including room, board, and books... and a bachelor's degree typically takes four years.
stitch626 wrote:acid and... stuff was all over the engine.
The "stuff" was probably spongy, half-eaten lead from the plates in the battery.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

So if anyone remembers that girl I had mentioned, turns put I didn't know her, still struck up an interesting conversation, she's really cute, really sweet, and has really hot tattoos... I didn't actually see the tattoos, I know what they are and the artists, but not where... :Drool1:

Besides that she's an interesting conversation. We just talked about technology for the most part, because she caught on I was a nerd pretty fast, it wasn't too hard. But besides that we talked about random stuff, she has a sister who is
younger than her, who may be the one I know, possibly, but I don't really care all that much.

So yeah, my day was pretty good, and I have a sucky teacher for two of my classes, one of them is a moron, the other just likes letting us know just how she feels about everything, which is really annoying.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Alright, something quite weird has just happened, and Reliant's last post has caused it. Basically, this thread keeps displaying the red "new post" button. Yet when I click on it it just keeps taking me to Reliant's last post...despite me having read it like five times now. Even when I click on the "mark all topics as read" button it still shows up as new. :?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Holy Christ, now Reliant's last post has jumped ahead of my more recently made post! What the hell is going on here?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, just what the hell is going on here!?!
Reliant's last post wrote:by Reliant121 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:00 pm
My last post wrote:by Sionnach Glic on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:59 am
The site's clock wrote:It is currently Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:01 pm
How did you make a post three hours into the future??? :shock:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Reliant121 wrote:To Mikey, that's the predicted cost of a 4 year degree without food or boarding. Since the average wage around here is about £22000, your gonna be paying it off for a number of years. Tuition fees are almost like an education mortgage nowadays. There is an idea where they simply tax you a certain percentage of the tuition cost when you start full time earning. The taxation will be proportional to how much you earn, so if you earn lower you pay less in tuition tax. I like this idea, but it's whether the coalition can be convinced of it's use.
I'm just saving this weirdness because no one else is online right now, and I don't want it to look as though I'm just crazy. It's this post right here!

How can I quote a post that won't exist for three hours????

Reliant, what have you done? You've broken the space-time continuum!!!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Now Reliant's post is ahead of mine, yet the forum says that I made the latest post. :wtf:
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

:wtf: Reliant, did you divide by zero?
Bite my shiny metal ass
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

He keeps getting put ahead of us too... This is getting weird
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang