DS9/BSG Chewtoys

Everything else
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

DS9/BSG Chewtoys

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Let's talk a little about two characters whom I think are actually one, same character, that just known different lucks.

Galen Tyrol, Senior Chief Petty Officer and Deck Chief of the Battlestar Galactica
Miles O'Brian, Senior Chief Petty Officer and Chief of Operation on Starbase Deep Space Nine.

Both lived in the British Islands
Both are quite appreciative of alcohol and life's pleasures
Both are non-commissioned officers in high standings, natural leaders and trusted by their men
Both dig asian women
Both have been replicated humans
Both have been dragged on the ground, hit down, tortured, and just generally been fucked over by random luck more time than I think is moraly acceptable by the universe.

The more I think about it, the more I think Tyrol was the voodoo doll Ronald D. Moore always had wanted to inflict upon O'Brian, but DS9 producers reign him back. He simply unleashed everything he had at Tyrol.

Wouldn't it be heartwarming to think that O'Brian is the next reincarnation of Tyrol, since he suffered so much in his previous life, he was at the very least allowed some things turning his way? (Albeit I have to say I feel his wife is quite the unpleasant kind)
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: DS9/BSG Chewtoys

Post by Deepcrush »

:laughroll:

I never thought about it but damn that's just dead on!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Given that nBSG happened a long long time ago, I think it's a bit more likely that Miles is Tyrol's great-great-great-great*200 grandson. :wink:

But yes, there are some surprising similarities there. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Damn.

So since O'Brian fought in the Cardassian war, what did Tyrol do? I don't remember what he did between his creation and his posting on Galactica.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

McAvoy wrote:Damn.

So since O'Brian fought in the Cardassian war, what did Tyrol do? I don't remember what he did between his creation and his posting on Galactica.
It is alluded that he served on many Battlestars during his career, until getting his Deck Chief posting.

Not a war veteran, tho. However, I think he suffered ennough of THAT during the serie...

hum... We are introduced to both Tyrol and O'Brian while they are already in a relationship with an asian girl, both of them are planning to become married one day.

Both of them had a daughter as a first child.
Tyrol's was imaginary... sadly... Damn it. I feel so bad for him.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

To be more specific, Tyrol claimed to have served on Battlestars since he was 18 years old. IIRC he named Columbia, Triton and Pegasus as ships he'd served on prior to Galactica.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well compared to O'Brian, Tyrol definitely got the shaft.

Tyrol didn't really have a best friend like Bashir though...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

McAvoy wrote:Well compared to O'Brian, Tyrol definitely got the shaft.

Tyrol didn't really have a best friend like Bashir though...
He would probably have beaten him up in a random rage, or killed him for having perceived a situation badly, or accidently have him arrested and killed, or have him turned a traitor.

Gods of Kobold, Tyrol is SO depressing