WH40k What if?

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: WH40k What if?

Post by Tyyr »

Background material says he was born in 8,000 B.C.

The Chaos gods were only given form due to tremendous concentrations of their portfolio. In Slannesh's case the incredible excess of Eldar society did it. Did they ever define when the others came into being and why?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

They only gave a date for Khorne, and nothing else for Tzeentch or Nurgle, AFAIK.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

What was Khorne's date?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Well, the date wasnt specific. The most specific I have found was "The Middle Ages of Terra", making him the oldest of the 4. Tzeentch was around at the time of the Horus Heresy, since one of the SM chapters rebelled to him. Absolutely nothing about Nurgle though.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I've heard that Nurgle appeared around the same time as the Black Death hit Earth - being a side-effect of his coming into form. Damned if I know where I heard it, though.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

That would have put him only a little younger than Khorne wouldnt it...or is it similar age?
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The middle ages is sort of a big target. And frankly the middle ages just don't seem bloody enough to bring forth a chaos god. Given all the shit that's gone down in WH40K's history most humans would call Earth's middle ages calm and peaceful.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:The middle ages is sort of a big target. And frankly the middle ages just don't seem bloody enough to bring forth a chaos god. Given all the s**t that's gone down in WH40K's history most humans would call Earth's middle ages calm and peaceful.
Humans weren't the only things around, though. I'd guess that the Chaos gods (other than Slaanesh) or slightly older than the Eldar a/o orks... many theories have both those species as created a/o modified by the Old Ones to combat or resist Chaos.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Khorne was born in the Age of the Slavers, about thirty million years ago.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mikey wrote:
Tyyr wrote:The middle ages is sort of a big target. And frankly the middle ages just don't seem bloody enough to bring forth a chaos god. Given all the s**t that's gone down in WH40K's history most humans would call Earth's middle ages calm and peaceful.
Humans weren't the only things around, though. I'd guess that the Chaos gods (other than Slaanesh) or slightly older than the Eldar a/o orks... many theories have both those species as created a/o modified by the Old Ones to combat or resist Chaos.
They were created to fight the Necrons, not Chaos.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Really? I thought the innate psychic potential of the Vulcans Eldar, and the mental bluntness of the Orks, were created to combat Chaos. The Old Ones fought the C'Tan directly.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mikey wrote:Really? I thought the innate psychic potential of the Vulcans Eldar, and the mental bluntness of the Orks, were created to combat Chaos. The Old Ones fought the C'Tan directly.
The Old Ones did fight the C'Tan, but both had creations that fought under them. Necrons, Orks and Eldar.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Mikey wrote:Really? I thought the innate psychic potential of the Vulcans Eldar, and the mental bluntness of the Orks, were created to combat Chaos. The Old Ones fought the C'Tan directly.
They've changed it in the Necron Codex. The Necrontyr (organic ancestors of the Necrons) got jealous that the Old Ones had immortality, beauty, aso, and declared war. After a long time fighting, the Necrontyr were kicked to the edge of the galaxy. While sulking, they noticed that certain stars about to die did not fit the standard pattern. They noticed that there were entities feeding on those stars.

Seeking a superweapon to fight the Old Ones, they managd to comunicate and bring down those entities, into bodies made of 'living metal'. These became the C'Tan. The C'Tan agreed to help the Necrontyr in exchange for the Necrontyr downloading into immortal robotic bodies. The Necrontyr did, changed their name to the Necrons, and started the war again. This time they were winning. The Old Ones created races to help them in the fight, the Jokaero, the Orks, Eldar, and others.

The C'Tan normally feed on the bland energy of a star. The energy from a living being is barely a trickle compared to a star, but has much more flavor. Essentially, the C'Tan have turned into junkies wanting their next fix of living experience.

Unfortunately, all this war making made the Empyrrean convulse, and start making Enslaver entities. As a result, the warp based attacks of the Old Ones (and their servants) made them susceptible to being attacked. The overall loss of life meant that the C'Tan had nothing to feed on. They fed on each other, meaning the current survivors are the most dangerous of the survivors. Without life though, the C'Tan would die, so they, and their Necron servants, sealed themselves into Tombs, to wait until the galaxy was full of life again for the C'Tan to consume.

This is the history, until another codex changes things.

Myself, as a C'Tan, I would have been telling my Necron servants to bring about life after the Enslavers were gone, so I had a steady supply of munchies.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)