To the true nerds

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: To the true nerds

Post by Nickswitz »

Tyyr wrote:I like Corsair and GSkill for my RAM. Corsair is top of the line but GSkill is very good as well.
Same for me, Geil is also a pretty good brand for gaming, it's what we have in our homebuilt comp. It runs it nicely, and quickly, which most people who aren't total nerds don't notice.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

If your computer is old enough for the vid card to not have dedicated processors and RAM then... shit I can't even remember a video card that didn't because what's the freaking point? That situation sounds more like you're using the vid card built into the mobo.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Nickswitz wrote:
Tyyr wrote:I like Corsair and GSkill for my RAM. Corsair is top of the line but GSkill is very good as well.
Same for me, Geil is also a pretty good brand for gaming, it's what we have in our homebuilt comp. It runs it nicely, and quickly, which most people who aren't total nerds don't notice.
While I love Corsair I love GSkill's price point more. Almost Corsair level goodness but at about half the price.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yeah, the price is very important point in it.
Tyyr wrote:If your computer is old enough for the vid card to not have dedicated processors and RAM then... s**t I can't even remember a video card that didn't because what's the freaking point? That situation sounds more like you're using the vid card built into the mobo.
Our old one was like that... Old as crap, and so we upped it to one with a processor and RAM built in. It was such a huge jump.
The world ended

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Yeah, on board video is a joke because it doesn't move the load off the processor and RAM. Once you put in a real video card it makes a huge difference, night and day.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yeah, it definitely does. Does anyone regularly use Linux on here?
The world ended