Man Found With Pea Plant Growing Inside Lung

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Man Found With Pea Plant Growing Inside Lung

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Pea plant grows inside man's lung
Peas Can the humble pea grow anywhere?

A Massachusetts man who was rushed to hospital with a collapsed lung came home with an unusual diagnosis: a pea plant was growing in his lung.

Ron Sveden had been battling emphysema for months when his condition deteriorated.

He was steeling himself for a cancer diagnosis when X-rays revealed the growth in his lung.

Doctors believe that Mr Sveden ate the pea at some point, but it "went down the wrong way" and sprouted.

"One of the first meals I had in the hospital after the surgery had peas for the vegetable. I laughed to myself and ate them," Mr Sveden told a local Boston TV reporter.

Mr Sveden said the plant was about half an inch (1.25cm) in size.

"Whether this would have gone full-term and I'd be working for the Jolly Green Giant, I don't know. I think the thing that finally dawned on me is that it wasn't the cancer," Mr Sveden said.

He is currently recovering at home with his wife Nancy, who joked that God must have a sense of humour.
Not what you'd typically expect.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Man Found With Pea Plant Growing Inside Lung

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I saw that a few days ago, and believe this best sums up my response:

"This definitely rates about a 9.0 on my weird-shit-o-meter. "
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Dear god, the pod people have arrived. This is the first stage of their take over attempt!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I saw this too I think on Google News a couple of days ago. Definitely weird.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Very weird...
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Lighthawk wrote:Dear god, the pod people have arrived. This is the first stage of their take over attempt!
Lets hope Riker and Picard are a bit more subtle dealing with this parasitic invasion. They were scraping bits of Remmick off the ceiling for months last time.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."