New User Group

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: New User Group

Post by Nickswitz »

Mark wrote:If you wanted a different color for your name, you can just ask GK or IK. They MAY change it for you.

Hey, maybe members who've been active for over a year could be distinguished with a new name color??????????
I actually don't mind that idea... It would help us to distinguish those of us who have established a repertoire in the forum from those who seem to spam more than help. Also it would be cool to have something like creditability that would be with our rank, like sort of how much has this person helped? IDK how it would work.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well I was thinking about something like an 'active member' usergroup, everyone with a post count above 1 or 2 per day would be in, if the post count drops below they're removed automatically and vice versa.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Lt. Staplic wrote:well I was thinking about something like an 'active member' usergroup, everyone with a post count above 1 or 2 per day would be in, if the post count drops below they're removed automatically and vice versa.
That may work, except you can already just look at the member info, and you have that info, but you know the startup date as well... So... IDK
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Nickswitz wrote:
Lt. Staplic wrote:well I was thinking about something like an 'active member' usergroup, everyone with a post count above 1 or 2 per day would be in, if the post count drops below they're removed automatically and vice versa.
That may work, except you can already just look at the member info, and you have that info, but you know the startup date as well... So... IDK
the point wasn't to know posts per day, you can do that just looking at a profile, but to set off those who are active posters/members, and those who were one-hit-wonders or joined but never said anything.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sonic Glitch wrote:So we privileged upper class are easier to find when the proletariat revolt?
No, so you're easier to find when the oligarchy wants to roll some heads. :twisted:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I can't automate any colour changes, but I'm happy to make people pink if they wish.
email, ergo spam