Hoooooooooooooo!

Everything else
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Hoooooooooooooo!

Post by Lighthawk »

Animatrix's Studio 4°C to Animate New ThunderCats
posted on 2010-06-02 14:54 EDT
New series based on '80s fantasy action series to run on Cartoon Network
Warner Bros. Animation is announcing on Thursday that Studio 4°C, the anime studio behind Tekkonkinkreet, Genius Party, and parts of The Animatrix, is animating a new version of the 1980s fantasy action television series Thundercats for the Cartoon Network. Sam Register, Cartoon Network's Executive Vice President of Creative Affairs, described the new series as "Warner Bros. Animation's first anime series." (Several Japanese studios subcontracted on the original Thundercats series as well.)

Studio 4°C had previously worked with Warner Brothers on The Animatrix, Batman: Gotham Knight, and Halo Legends - three earlier Japanese-animated Warner Brothers projects based on American entertainment franchises. Register is serving as the new project's executive producer after working on Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Transformers: Animated, Teen Titans, Ben 10, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Michael Jelenic (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Wonder Woman) and Ethan Spaulding (Avatar: The Last Airbender) are producing.
Source

This seems like one of those things were it is either going to be really awesome, or completely suck. I'm hoping for awesome, because it would make my inner child jump with glee. As much as the original suffered from being an 80's cartoon, what with the anvilicious moral plot lines, hamtastic line delivery, and animation loop action sequences, it was still a fairly awesome concept, and definitely holds a place of happy nostalgia in my memories.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Hoooooooooooooo!

Post by Deepcrush »

Eh, I never really cared for Thundercats.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I see a lot more opportunity for cheese than for greatness here.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It will suck.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I dunno, if they do a good job on Cheetara I might be able to stomach the rest of it. Or mute it.

Frankly having the people who do Ben 10 and Teen Titans do it isn't a plus to me. Neither is describing it as anime.