Great Quotes

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Great Quotes

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

We're just quoting the series now, aren't we?
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

"You know, I'm getting little tired of these unannounced visits by VIPs who will not tell us why they are coming or what they are going to do when they get here."
"I'll leave it to you to try take all the fun out of life. I mean, come on, where's your sense of mystery, adventure?"
"Are you trying to cheer me up?"
"No, sir. Wouldn't dream of it."
"Good. I hate being cheered up. It's depressing."
"Well, in that case, we all are going to die horrible, painful, bleeding deaths."
"Thank you, I feel so much better now."
-- Sheridan and Ivanova in Babylon 5:"Matters of Honor"

"Now look, we play this one by the book." [Lights go out.]
"Somebody just rewrote to book."
-- Garibaldi and Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

"There, you see! I'm going to live."
"So it would seem. Well, it's an imperfect universe."
"Bastard."
"Monster."
"Fanatic."
"Murderer."
"You are insane!"
"And that is why we'll win."
"Go be the ambassador to Babylon 5 they say. Will be an easy assignment. Ah, I hate my life."
"So do I."
"Shut up!"
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

"If I'll live through this job .. without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of biblical proportions."
"Well, there goes my faith in the Almighty."
-- Ivanova and Lt. Corwin in Babylon 5:"A Day in the Strife"

"Delenn tells me that you are going to try contacting the First Ones. It is a magnificent idea. A daring, and splendid idea. In doing so you will see things no human has seen before. It will be fun. Assuming you are not vaporised, dissected, or otherwise killed in an assortment of supremely horrible and painful ways. Exciting, isn't it?"
-- Draal to Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Voices of Authority"

"That's a lot of ships."
"That's a bloody awful lot of ships."
"Jump engines back on line yet?"
"No. If I signal the fleet, they just might pick it up. If they do, and we can't get away, .."
"Well, who wants to live forever?"
"I do, actually. But what the hell. Signal away."
-- Ivanova and Marcus in Babylon 5:"Shadow Dancing"

"I hear you've got a saying: 'Understanding is a three-edged sword.' Well, we've got a saying too: 'Put your money where your mouth is.'"
"Impudent."
"Yeah? Well, maybe that's the only way to get through to you. You said you wanted to teach me to fight legends. Well, you are a legend too, and I am not going away until you agree."
"Incorrect. Leave now."
"No."
"Disobedient."
"Up yours!"
*Sheridan gets zapped by Kosh*
-- Sheridan and Kosh in Babylon 5:"Interludes and Examinations"

"You have always been here."
-- Kosh to Sheridan in Babylon 5:"All Alone in the Night"

"I found myself near bay 13 earlier and had look on your ship. It's an amazing piece of work. It made me realize just how much we still don't know about you, your culture, your people. And I was thinking, maybe we should spend some time together soon. Build some bridges, work toward a greater understanding of one another."
"Why?"
"You tell me. You're the one who popped in my dream when I was in that alien ship a few weeks ago. It felt like.. I don't know.. like you called me."
"I sought understanding. I listened to the song. Your thoughts became a song."
"Has this ever happened before?"
"Once."
-- Kosh and Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Hunter, Prey"

"You wanted to see me?"
"You wanted to see me."
"Oh, I guess everybody does. To see what you really are, inside that encounter suit."
"They are not ready. They would not understand."
"Am I ready?"
"No. You do not even understand yourself."
"Could you help me to understand you?"
"Can you help me to understand you?"
"Well, I can try. Is that what you want? In exchange of information I tell you something about me and you tell me something about you."
"No. You do not understand. Go."
-- Sheridan and Kosh in Babylon 5:"Hunter, Prey"
"Dammit, what do you want? What do you want from me? You know, ever since I got here I've had the feeling that .. that you've been watching me. The record shows you hardly ever went to council meetings until I showed up. When I was captured, it was you .. reached out and .. touched my mind. And now you call me here. Why? Just to throw me out? Are we just toys to you, huh? What do you want?"
"Never ask that question."
"At least I got a response out of you. So, what will it be, Ambassador?"
"I will teach you."
"About yourself?"
"About you. Until you are ready."
"For what?"
"To fight legends."
-- Sheridan and Kosh in Babylon 5:"Hunter, Prey"

"Find that Minbari witness I mentioned in my report. He will back me up, I am absolutely sure."
"Ah. Description?"
"Bald, with a bone on his head."
"We are gonna need a real big line-up room."
-- Sheridan and Garibaldi in Babylon 5:"There All the Honor Lies"

"How will this end?"
"In fire."
-- Centauri Emperor and Kosh in Babylon 5:"The Coming of Shadows"
Genius insania et conseri manum
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

"He's more trouble than a toilet full of snakes"

LOL
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Moonshadow
Petty officer first class
Petty officer first class

Post by Moonshadow »

"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers." - Ta'lon, G'kar's bodyguard in Babylon 5

"What do you want, you moon faced assassin of joy!" - Ambassador Londo Molari - Babylon 5

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole

"The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice.
The language is not Narn, or Human, or Centauri, or Gaim, or Minbari.
It speaks in the language of hope.
It speaks in the language of trust.
It speaks in the language of strength, and the language of compassion.
It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul.
But always it is the same voice.
It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us.
And the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born,
It is the small, still voice that says,
"We are One;
No matter the blood, no matter the skin,
No matter the world, no matter the star:
We are One.
No matter the pain, no matter the darkness,
No matter the loss, no matter the fear,
We are One."
Here, gathered together in common cause,
we agree to recognize this singular truth:
"That we are one".
And this singular rule:
"That we must be kind to one another.
Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us,
and each voice lost diminishes us.
We are the voice of the universe,
the soul of creation,
The fire that will light the way to a better future,
We are One,
We are One." - Citizen G'kar - "Declaration of Principles" for the newly formed Interstellar Alliance from Babylon 5, "The Paragon of Animals"

"Why does any advanced civilization seek to destroy a less advanced one - because the land is strategically valuable, because there are resources that can be cultivated and exploited, but most of all, simply because they can." - G'kar in Babylon 5, from the Season 2 episode "And now for a word".

"If you are going to be worried every time the universe does not make sense then you are going to be worried everyday for the rest of your life." - G'kar

"Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death. But, at least there is symmetry." - Zathras

"Why? Only one human Commander has ever defeated the Minbarri in battle. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your life, be somewhere else." - Delenn, "Severed Loyalties".

Marcus is standing in the midst of the unconscious bodies and says, "Bugger! Now I have to wait for someone to wake up!" A moment later Lennier walks in. Marcus sees him and says (in reference to the unconscious patrons),

"You can get more with a kind word and a 2 x 4 than you can get with a kind word alone."

"The truth points to itself." - Kosh

Vir: Kiron may die because our "glorious" tradition values wealth and power over love.
Londo: My shoes are too tight.
Vir: Excuse me?
Londo: Something my father said. He was old, very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting alone in the dark, crying. So I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance." I never understood what that meant until now. My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance.

Sheridan: "What does the candle represent?"
Delenn: "Life."
Sheridan: "Whose life?"
Delenn: "All life, every life. We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it. So many candles will go out tonight. I wonder some days if we can see anything at all." - Sheridan and Delenn in "And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder"

"I will tell you a great secret, Captain, perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station and the nebula outside that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." - Delenn, "A Distant Star"

"Christ came to tell us to love one another. In the last 2200 years we've spent killing each other on how he said it." - Max Eilerson (David Allen Brooks) in the Babylon 5 spinoff "Crusade".
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

"We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away." - G'Kar

"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators can not stand. The Centauri learned that lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free!" - G'Kar

"Everyone lies, Michael. The innocent lie because they don't want to be blamed for something they didn't do and the guilty lie because they don't have any other choice." - Sinclair

Mr Morden : "What do YOU want?"
Vir Cotto : "I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this. [waves] Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?"

And he got his wish, too...

"Everyone around me dies, Mr. Morden, except those who most deserve it." - Londo

"I'm happy... Gods, Vir, I had almost forgotten what it was like." - Londo

"A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles." - Kosh

"The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote." - Kosh

"Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova. Commander. Daughter of Andre and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. GOD sent me!"
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

That last Ivanova quote is one of my favorite quotes from fiction.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Tyyr wrote:That last Ivanova quote is one of my favorite quotes from fiction.
QFT.
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Tyyr wrote:That last Ivanova quote is one of my favorite quotes from fiction.
Yes same here, I love that quote.
Genius insania et conseri manum
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I thought it was cheesy.

But the way she said it wasn't bad.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Of course its kind of cheesy. Doesn't make it any less fun.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

God, I love netflix. All five season on there for instant viewing.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Eh, I get them for free online.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Instant steaming isn't what I pay for....it's the DVDs. Its a nice bonus though. Plus Hignlander, King of the Hill, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, and a bunch of other goodies :wink:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

True but I don't pay at all so I'm happy with that. Because I'm just that cheap damn you! :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Wait, which one of you is Jewish, again? :lol:

:P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939