Dragon Ball Z Abridged

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Dragon Ball Z Abridged

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Just. Plain. Awesome. :D

Link.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Dragon Ball Z Abridged

Post by JudgeKing »

DBZ Arbidged is hilarious.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

It really is.

Even if you haven't watched DBZ, it should still be funny.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

:laughroll:

This is many, many times better than the actual show was.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lighthawk wrote::laughroll:

Seriously, keep watching. :lol:
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Lighthawk wrote::laughroll:

Seriously, keep watching. :lol:
"I love kids, they don't leave much of a mess" :laughroll:

I get all the fight highlights without suffering through the boring filler plots and the jokes are actually funny in this version.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Exactly. :lol:
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

This is double funny because I've actually been re-watching the show, both for the fights and to mock how bad all the non-fight moments are.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lighthawk wrote:This is double funny because I've actually been re-watching the show, both for the fights and to mock how bad all the non-fight moments are.
I don't know, there are some really great character moments (IMO), but they are few and far between. Vegeta and Trunks right before he goes to his death against Majin Boo is a good example to me.

This version nails all the problems, though, and it's funny as hell.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I don't know, there are some really great character moments (IMO), but they are few and far between.
Very few, very fair between. I put those moments down simply to how many freaking episodes there were. With that many hours of screen time, eventually the writers had to strike gold once or twice.
Vegeta and Trunks right before he goes to his death against Majin Boo is a good example to me.
I'm trying to recall, but it's been too damn long for me to remember clearly. I think I mostly blocked out the non-battle moments, or at least tried to. The Great Sayia Man moments though...those still haunt me.
This version nails all the problems, though, and it's funny as hell.
Damn right it is, and damn right it does. I love how they point out all the easy ways the characters could have avoided terrible fates, such as Raditiz flying out of the way of the beam cannon, using the dragon to send the saiyans into the sun or an asteroid belt, piccolo grabbing gohan rather than standing between him and Nappa's attack. They really do point out how stupid the characters are at times, all for the sake of drama.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lighthawk wrote:...The Great Sayia Man moments though...those still haunt me...
Ugh. :doh:
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Lighthawk wrote:...The Great Sayia Man moments though...those still haunt me...
Ugh. :doh:

Exactly. Compare that to say, Goku faking out Cell into actually believing that Goku was about to kamahamaha the earth into oblivion and then catching him off guard with a teleport n blast, complete with a big Noooo moment from Cell right before he was blown in half...

I mean really, the fights are all the show had going for it.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Pretty much, yeah.

Anything with Vegeta was pretty much the show's best materiel, IMO.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Pretty much, yeah.

Anything with Vegeta was pretty much the show's best materiel, IMO.
Agreed. He was the resident badass. I love how much the abridged version turned that part of his personality up to 11.

Vegeta: That's it! Everyone dies! Say goodbye to your planet, Kakarot!
Goku: That's not very nice!
Vegeta: OF COURSE NOT! I'M F**KING EVIL!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:lol: