A World Without Chernobyl

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: A World Without Chernobyl

Post by Aaron »

I refuse to haggle for things. I'll pay the price + tax thats on the tin, because it is simply less hassle.

I want my crap and I want out, in the quickest manner possible.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I'll pay the price + tax thats on the tin, because it is simply less hassle.
What about the States?

Price on tin = x. Price the bugger at the till charges = x + something. Me = :evil:

Is it the same in Canada, or do you display the price they expect you to pay?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Depends on the item. Milk is the price on the tin, other things you add .13$ on the dollar. Which is why I always buy a phone with a calculator.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cpl Kendall wrote:...I want my crap and I want out, in the quickest manner possible.
I understand that.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Now if I could just get my wife to understand that........
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:I'll pay the price + tax thats on the tin, because it is simply less hassle.
What about the States?

Price on tin = x. Price the bugger at the till charges = x + something. Me = :evil:

Is it the same in Canada, or do you display the price they expect you to pay?
I think over here tax is usually included in the price itself.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Not here.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Yeah and I honestly prefer this system. I'd rather see what the good costs and then what the government is hitting me up for rather than a single price combining both.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Personally I prefer our one, since WYSIWYG. I want to pay the price I see on the label - not that + 21%.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tyyr wrote:Yeah and I honestly prefer this system. I'd rather see what the good costs and then what the government is hitting me up for rather than a single price combining both.
You mean what the good costs, plus the added value so the producer can make a profit, plus what the government wants. Remember, the price on the label isn't necessarily the price of production, although the price of production is part of it.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Tyyr wrote:Yeah and I honestly prefer this system. I'd rather see what the good costs and then what the government is hitting me up for rather than a single price combining both.
You mean what the good costs, plus the added value so the producer can make a profit, plus what the government wants. Remember, the price on the label isn't necessarily the price of production, although the price of production is part of it.
That has nothing to do with anything at the retail end. There's the consumer price, and there there's (for purposes of this discussion) the total cost to the consumer including tax. The COS has zero relevance.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Theres apparently a law here that says certain items must be combined and certain items must be separate. IE: tattoo shops are not aloud to combine tax and cost. Why? Fuck knows.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Personally I prefer our one, since WYSIWYG. I want to pay the price I see on the label - not that + 21%.
21%!!!!!!! :shock:
Ours is only 8.125 (here in New York at least).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tyyr wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:
I do try. And wanted to make sure my understanding of how pricing works is correct.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."