Star Trek: Dark Armada

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
shran
Commander
Commander

Star Trek: Dark Armada

Post by shran »

Hello, this is my first post.

Technically it is not my fanfic, fanseries or whatever you'd wish to cal it, but I worked on it for quite some time with the team of said fan series.

Behold, the great and magnificant Voyages of the Nova class USS Batavia, exploring the galaxy, finding new worlds, new civilizations, new friends, and perhaps more new enemies than they would like.

www.darkarmada.nl

So far, we have produced one test episode, and have a second one in production, being the pilot episode. If you might wish to make a contribution, then do not hesitate to pm me, or amil to robin@darkarmada.nl
Robin Hiert
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Robin Hiert »

Image Image
Star Trek Dark Armada is the first and only Dutch fan series. The story is about the inexperienced crew of the U.S.S. Batavia exploring things on the edges of Federation space. Another ship, the Blue Star, is always just a few lightyears away to back them up.

Last year we made a test episode to see what could go wrong during the production and how we would improve from that. The result ("These are the voyages...") can be downloaded here.

The quality of our next episode "Nightfall" will be much better. In this episode we'll be visiting the future of our series. The Batavia has been travelling trough space for several years. She has seen hundreds of alien worlds, alien beings and of course she has seen some conflicts. In this era, the year 2389, the Federation is threatened by an unknown enemy, that seems to be attacking ships at random. A well-deserved vacation of Captain Richardson and his crew is interrupted, when Admiral Taylor notifies them about the current situation. The enemy is approaching Starbase 514.

Some images of our props and costumes:

ImageImageImageImage

(ps. most images are clickable! ) :roll:

Some of our latest updates:

Dwight Schultz (Lieutenant Reginald Barclay from Star Trek) announces our pilot episode titled "Nightfall". (read more...)
On YouTube
Download

Rene Auberjonois (Odo from DS9) wishes Dark Armada good luck in a short video greet! read more...
On YouTube
Download

We have some more video greets, that will appear very soon. Click on 'videogreets' you can already see the pictures of these people. Unfortunately something went wrong with the subspace transmission, due to a nearby black cluster the images are a bit distorted. It may take a few weeks, but the images should slowly clarify.
Robin Hiert,
Producer ST Dark Armada

forum: http://forum.darkarmada.nl
e-mail: robin@darkarmada.nl
shran
Commander
Commander

Re: Star Trek: Dark Armada

Post by shran »

About time this got updated, we have made one test episode, filming for the pilot is is underway and we have two small episodes as fillers, establishing backstory.
http://www.youtube.com/user/FanTrekProd ... 8EED328D8B
I've been watching these episodes an I dare say that quality has improved over time.
Also, they're looking for an animator for their 3D models.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Right on, man. :)

A couple of questions:

1) what was the most expensive aspect of this? My bet is on the costumes and props.

2) Is greenscreen work really that easy nowadays? Of course it's obvious in a lot of places, but the matte lines, background focus and lighting differences are pretty darn good; it looks better than some Babylon 5 episodes.

3) not really a question. The specular effects on the ship hulls (the shuttles in particular) look great. Props to whoever did the 3d modeling; I know how much of a bitch that is.

4) are you in this/what exactly is your involvement?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Right on, man. :)

A couple of questions:

1) what was the most expensive aspect of this? My bet is on the costumes and props.

2) Is greenscreen work really that easy nowadays? Of course it's obvious in a lot of places, but the matte lines, background focus and lighting differences are pretty darn good; it looks better than some Babylon 5 episodes.

3) not really a question. The specular effects on the ship hulls (the shuttles in particular) look great. Props to whoever did the 3d modeling; I know how much of a bitch that is.

4) are you in this/what exactly is your involvement?
1. I suppose props are the most expensive part, perhaps hiring the shootig location, but for details, mail the project leader, Robin.
2. Apparently, it is that easy, though I must say this project came a long way to this kind of quality.
3. Models by Mark Rademaker, Gwn Demulder, George Bosveld and Michael Bosscha.
4. A lnog time ago, about 4 to 5 years ago, when this was mostly a concept being worked out, I joined the project as a 'writer'. Not that I did that much. At the age of 18 I quit there.

If you want some more info, mail robin@darkarmada.nl or visit the website.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW0XKTysBBY In the mean time, I quit the project, they carried on and completed other episodes. It finally came on youtube about three weeks ago.