Season 3 (nBSG)

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Season 3 (nBSG)

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Atekimogus wrote:...I could live with the female asshole during the first two seasons but later one she is downright mad and everyone acts as if it were ok. It is a true wonder how she survived this long not beeing "accidentely" shot by her own people imho.
It's funny; when Uzume and I started watching the show, I remarked on how much Starbuck reminds me of her. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm going to agree. I SOOOOOOOOOOO liked the original Starbuck so much better. I can't for the life of me understand why Kara Thrace never got curbstomped.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Like I said before; they can't afford to throw useful people away. Screwed up as she was outside the cockpit, in it she was the best they had, and they needed her.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's pretty much it. They couldn't afford to lose her, due to her piloting skills. If she pulled that crap during peacetime she'd have been thrown in the brig pretty damn quick.

Hell, she was thrown in the brig in the Miniseries.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Question......what is Razor? My netflix is sending me season four disk one Razor now.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

It's a full-length film, mainly about Pegasus, set during her retreat from the colonies and during the early period of Lee Adama's command.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Do we get to see him turn into the Cheeseburger Walrus or does that happen off screen?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ooohh...more stuff blowing up. Cool :mrgreen:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Kendall: Offscreen, sadly. :lol:

Mark: As has been said, it's a feature length film about the Pegasus; how it survived the attack, its early days in the war, who the Cylon prisoner they had on board was, Lee's first few weeks in charge, and some more background on the Cylons (including a brief look at the First Cylon War).

It's nothing spectacular, but it's worth a watch.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Do we get to see him turn into the Cheeseburger Walrus or does that happen off screen?
IIRC he put on the extra weight during the year on New Caprica - Razor is set before they found the place.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sionnach Glic wrote:...It's nothing spectacular, but it's worth a watch.
It's also not a great place to start for people who haven't seen any of the show. :doh:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Mark: As has been said, it's a feature length film about the Pegasus; how it survived the attack, its early days in the war, who the Cylon prisoner they had on board was, Lee's first few weeks in charge, and some more background on the Cylons (including a brief look at the First Cylon War).

It's nothing spectacular, but it's worth a watch.
It also has the Bentusi Hybrid.

The guy who played the Hybrid in that movie also did the voice for the Bentusi from the Homeworld game. The Bentusi in Homeworld are linked in with their ships in a similar manner as the Hybrid, but with much more control.

Bentusi History:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsGf8nY7pyM (It starts ~2:44)
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Heh, nice coincidence. :)
Tsukiyumi wrote:
Sionnach Glic wrote:...It's nothing spectacular, but it's worth a watch.
It's also not a great place to start for people who haven't seen any of the show. :doh:
Yeah, utter confusion and spoilers ahoy!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I had heard that it was accessible for people who hadn't seen the show; Uzume, her fiancee and I were mostly lost through the whole thing. :lol:

At least I'd seen the miniseries and the last three episodes of the show.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Like I said before; they can't afford to throw useful people away. Screwed up as she was outside the cockpit, in it she was the best they had, and they needed her.
Fine, then keep her in a cockpit but they never should have promoted an unstable character like her into a position where she constantly was able to put the lives of others in danger because of her madness. Beeing the best pilot doesn't mean you are the best CAG, hell she wasn't even a very good wingman imho.
Now all of this wouldn't bother me that much if it weren't that they made SUCH a fuss about the character. No one had it easy but sometimes the show seemed to revolve exclusivly around her boyfriend, apollo, daddy, egomaniacal madness issues.

Hell, compared to Felix Gaeta or Dualla she had it pretty easy imho and you never heard much complaining from them. (Until, you know....).
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.