Music of nBSG {CONTAINS SPOILERS}

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Music of nBSG {CONTAINS SPOILERS}

Post by Sonic Glitch »

MARK, WAIT UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN SEASON IV

This was inspired by the other Sonic Glitch (Rochey)'s thread about how All Along the Watchtower was made into the coordinates of Earth. One of the reasons I enjoy the series so much is the fact that the music is awesome. I know some on this site (Seafort I believe?) maintain that nothing can beat The Original Theme but the music for the new series is good in its own right. So what do you think? Any favorites? Any tracks you always listen to?
Last edited by Tsukiyumi on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Psst... Please don't use mod green. Thank you.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Music of nBSG {CONTAINS SPOILERS}

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sonic Glitch wrote:I know some on this site (Seafort I believe?) maintain that nothing can beat The Original Theme
Aye, that was me. Although I recall getting at least some support on the music front, if not regarding the series as a whole.
the music for the new series is good in its own right. So what do you think? Any favorites? Any tracks you always listen to?
The Colonial Anthem? :P

More seriously, there's McCreary's cover of AATW.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:I know some on this site (Seafort I believe?) maintain that nothing can beat The Original Theme
Aye, that was me. Although I recall getting at least some support on the music front, if not regarding the series as a whole.
I'll agree there. As a song, it's a lot of fun to listen to, and fits the original series very well.
the music for the new series is good in its own right. So what do you think? Any favorites? Any tracks you always listen to?
The Colonial Anthem? :P

More seriously, I like McCreary's cover of AATW.
Aye. What about any of the variations? I particularly enjoyed Kara's Coordinates
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

If memory serves the original theme plays during the decommision ceremonie in the museum-wing of BSG and it sounds exactly like that. Something you would hear in the background of some presentation. Not bad, but not very epic.

Personally I like "Reuniting the Fleet" from McCreary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o40JlfPou20
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

There're quite a lot of tracks I like, I find McCreary to be an excellent composer and I tend to like soundtracks in general.

In addition to those already mentioned, I'll throw in a mention for the epic violins.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

The Original Theme made a brief appearence in Caprica last week, whilst some techhead was flicking through music channels.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."