Eve online

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Eve online

Post by stitch626 »

Anyone play? I want to know more about it before I even consider it.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Eve online

Post by Reliant121 »

Have done. The key word I would use is long it takes a few days to train even the most basic of skills (They train while your offline) and it takes maybe months to get to any high level ships or equipment. THAT SAID, The depth of the game is fantastic and the visuals are absolutely gorgeous. And the racial backgrounds are good too, especially the Gallente, Amarr and...Minatar?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Ok, is it worth the $15 a month? IYO of course. Also, is there a way to temporarally suspend your account (ie, when money doesn't come in)?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I seem to remember paying month by month so if you dont pay, you dont play. YOu could reactivate. However, the accounts are wiped every time a new incarnation of the game comes out I think, which is why mine is no longer existent.

IMO, No game is worth $15 a month. Personally, I begrudge paying constantly to play over the internet for something I know I will get bored of. But its entirely dependent on you.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Ok, thank you. I've been bugged by a friend to play it... maybe I'll make him pay for me. :lol:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

To be fair, I hadn't tried the new version, Dominion. It is so much better than the old one. Precisely why i have just got a subscription for it. What I love about this game is the fact it includes silly little extras, like the web browser IN GAME which i am currently posting from. PLus it also includes an ingame music player that can play the music tracks you specify. Little things like that make it very helpful. It does take a long time to get anywhere in thsi game, but hey i dont mind if i can do a load of other stuff as well.

It goes against my refuse to pay morals...but...I...was tempted..and succumbed.