3D E-nill Deck by Deck

The Original Series
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: 3D E-nill Deck by Deck

Post by LaughingCheese »

havoc wrote:
Mikey wrote:Welcome, Havoc. Quite and undertaking that you've... um... undertaken. We shall be watching your career with much interest, young Skywalker.
lol. Well, the career is finally moving forward again. I got max reinstalled, updated and configured and everything except my thief III stuff is loading. I have to troubleshoot why that isn't working; but, it isn't essential to this; so, I can move along unimpeded ;) BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!
Glad its coming back together again, and good to see you here!
And, Tyrr, I'm with you. Things are always more fun when it isn't "work".. lol. But I can imagine making a job of this as much as I do enjoy it. Can't wait to get back to texturing.
I wonder if having a 3D job would make someone hate 3D like people hate pizza after working at a pizza shop for too long? :lol:

And I wish Blender had image planes, and a real world unit system. :bangwall:
havoc
Crewman
Crewman

Post by havoc »

Buzz is back and I posted an update there this morning. ;)

Know what you mean about Blender, LC. It's a little clunky to me after using max. It's still one heck of an app. But, definitely would take some getting used to.
Just wondering if you couldn't establish "real" units in Blender by importing a mesh built on real units? Haven't done this; but, curious..
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

havoc wrote:Buzz is back and I posted an update there this morning. ;)

Know what you mean about Blender, LC. It's a little clunky to me after using max. It's still one heck of an app. But, definitely would take some getting used to.
Just wondering if you couldn't establish "real" units in Blender by importing a mesh built on real units? Haven't done this; but, curious..
Don't know. :(

As far as I know, the only thing you can do with Blender's "Blender Units" [BUs] is keep the number you want in your head. :?

The default cube is apparently 2 BU X 2 BU X 2 BU, so if you use that as a baseline, you could imagine a BU as whatever unit you needed, cm, mm, m, feet, etc.

But then, Blender really wasn't designed for precision, but to fake things, and that's what CG is all about, fakery.
Last edited by LaughingCheese on Sat May 23, 2009 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Hey man, are you on SDN with the same name?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Maybe we could commission Havoc to do "The Paladin" for us?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
havoc
Crewman
Crewman

Post by havoc »

Cpl Kendall wrote:

Hey man, are you on SDN with the same name?
SDN? Not sure what that is for certain. My postings are largely on scifi-meshes, trekbbs, tes nexus, looking glass forums and buzz. I primarily post my work on buzz; but, due
to requests and invites, I've posted elsewhere. I'm also on Okuda's site; but, been a while since I posted anything there.
havoc
Crewman
Crewman

Post by havoc »

Mark wrote:Maybe we could commission Havoc to do "The Paladin" for us?
Heh. One at a time ;)

btw, for any interested, the rough-in is in it's final stages now. I just finished the work on the nacelles and imported the Bridge deck and aligned it.
The exterior walls and turbolift shroud need work; but, other than that, the decks 2-4 shell needs to be reworked and I'm done and on to the cleanup
before detailing. The bridge work will be done, most likely, tonight. The other deck skins may take a few days.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Oh SDN=Stardestroyer.net but I realized your personality is nothing like the guy I'm thinking of.