The Mist

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

The Mist

Post by Tsukiyumi »

If any of you guys haven't seen it, do yourselves a huge favor and go the first chance you get. The Mist was one of my favorite Stephen King stories, and I was psyched when I saw they were doing a film. Of course, I was skeptical about them handling it correctly; my worry was not justified. It's probably the most faithful handling of a King story I've ever seen.

Oh, and I won't give anything away by saying that the ending is monumental. 10/10.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Hmm, is that the one with the Supermarket? (trying to avoid spoilers)

If so, I got kinda fed up with it. And I hated the ending! It just kind of petered out...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Oh wow! Two points of view that crash!

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

*rolls up sleeves*

Just kidding, Graham. Not everyone is going to like it, of course. My friend's gf said she kind of lost the film somewhere near the middle, and she disliked the ending as well. I wonder if there were any differences between the UK and US versions... I'll PM you about that, though.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

I don't care much for horror films. Or books, for that matter.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I dislike Steven King. I read Goosebumps when I was a kid :P

That being said I do think Mist looks cool. I really liked Myst, maybe in the movie they'll find a book shelf that goes to a mysterious island in the middle of an ocean?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Eh, whatever floats your boat, right? I have a strong dislike for romantic comedies, or any romantic drivel for that matter. The Mist is more of a sci-fi/survival horror flick, and as such, is right up my alley (I write sci-fi/horror/fantasy stories).