Season 6

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Season 6

Post by Mark »

So, now we have Anubis. He seems like a serious badass at the moment, but then so did MOST of our earlier baddies. PLEASE tell me that he doesn't wuss out soon. And Quinn Jonas, the new guy. I'm just not feeling the connection with the character. What do you guys think?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Season 6

Post by Monroe »

I never liked Jonas. Don't worry
he doesn't last long

Anubis is pretty bad ass. I think he stays the big baddie longer than any of the other Goa'uld. In fact in that RP you SHOULD join we fight the Goa'uld during Anubis' reign. I thought they wussed out on Sokar, so Anubis was a welcomed improvement.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I liked Jonas... I wish we had seen a little more of him/gotten more development. He could've been good but as it stood he's written as a replacement for Daniel. And that's all he is.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sonic Glitch wrote:I liked Jonas... I wish we had seen a little more of him/gotten more development. He could've been good but as it stood he's written as a replacement for Daniel. And that's all he is.
I agree. I thought Parker Lewis was rather good, and the character had some cool moments, but overall, he never got enough character development.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:I liked Jonas... I wish we had seen a little more of him/gotten more development. He could've been good but as it stood he's written as a replacement for Daniel. And that's all he is.
I agree. I thought Parker Lewis was rather good, and the character had some cool moments, but overall, he never got enough character development.
Parker Lewis? :? Is this another joke/reference I'm not getting?

I also liked Jonas. He smiles a lot, kind of like me. :D

It's a shame that he's not even mentioned again after Season 7.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Varthikes wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:
Parker Lewis? :? Is this another joke/reference I'm not getting?
Google tell me that Parker Lewis was a teen sitcom, entitled "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" of the early 90s (90-93) which starred Corin Nemec, aka Jonas Quinn.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Google tell me that Parker Lewis was a teen sitcom, entitled "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" of the early 90s (90-93) which starred Corin Nemec, aka Jonas Quinn.
Thank you. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Thank you. :)
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Oh god, I remember that show! And I THOUGHT he looked familiar from somewhere :mrgreen:
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

That's spot on right there. I liked the idea of him and his world. The execution just never did the idea justice though.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Jonas got an unfair amount of flak primarily because he was written in to replace Daniel. Personaly, I thought he was a fairly good character. Though I do prefer Jackson.

And no, Anubis is not wussed out at all. If anything, he gets more of a threat as time goes on.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The thing is that he was so obviously Daniel by another name. If they'd gone another route with him and made him something besides the science geek he might have made it. As is you could just about replace Jonas' name with Daniels in the script and with only a couple small rewrites have nothing really change.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ok, just watched the finalle where Abidos is "destroyed". I didn't see that coming at all. But I'm still a little shakey on what Annubis IS exactly. He's an Ancient who Ascended while serving as the host for a symbiote?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Not exactly. There's an explaination coming in the next series.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

It's getting slightly tricky to find them. But luckely I found season 7 yesterday. I'll start that marathon this weekend.

Barnes and Noble bookstores is trying to sell them for $50 bucks a season for SG1 AND Atlantis.....which is insane, when I've BEEN buying them for $15 a pop (except for Atlantis, haven't found those yet)

I'll have to order the others online it looks like.