Find the Founders XI

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Find the Founders XI

Post by stitch626 »

The fleet dropped out of warp just out side of the Ordus System. Captain Hindenburg of the U.S.S. Titanic, an old Excelsior class ship, walked onto his bridge.
"Open a channel to Ordus III. Tie in the rest of the fleet."
The screen came to life. On it was the leader of a recent member of the Federation. He was only one meter tall, but he still held himself with dignity.
"Administrator Zigh, we have just arrived at the edge of your system. Due to the gravitational distortions, we can only travel at sublight speeds. We will be within transporter range in one standard week."
"I'm afraid you will be delayed even more. Recently, our system has been experienceing a blackout anomaly. Every two of our days, any ship within the system will lose main power. Sensors and communications will be inoperative as well. It lasts a short time though, even our ships don't run out of reserves, as long as we conserve power. The good news is that the local pirates are affected as well."
Hindenburg sighed. "Thank you for the warning. We'll see you soon then."

Shortly after their friendly conversation with the Ordii, main power on every ship began to fluctuate. Captain Hindenburg ordered the entire fleet to a standstill. Seconds later, everything went dead. Without main power, everything nonessential had to be deactivated. Even the structural integrity field was brought down to minimum strength. Because of other local anomalies, this area of space was much darker than usual. The only star visible was Ordus, and at this range its light was negligible.
Captain Hindenburg sat at his desk. He was reading their last message from Starfleet, labeled for his eyes only. As he read it, his eyes widened.

Out of the darkness, torpedoes flew towards the Titanic. The first few ripped through the engineering hull of the ship. As more torpedoes headed towards the saucer, a shuttle flies out into space, coming to rest several hundred kilometers away. Shortly following, the Titanic ripped apart as a few more torpedoes slammed into her flaming hull.

As power returned to the fleet, everyone's eyes focused on the slowly expanding debris cloud that was the U.S.S. Titanic. They shortly noticed the drifting shuttle, and the message awaiting them.
"This is Captain Hindenburg. I don't have much time, maybe an hour until I run out of air. Two of the ships with us have been commandeered by pirates. Starfleet intelligence doesn't have any specifics, but they had been planning this for months. It could be any two of us. And the only indication we will have is when they strike. You must get those supplies to our new member. Without those supplies, their food will run out in a month. Don't let these pirates interfere. Find out who they are and do whatever is necessary to stop them. You can trust..."
The rest of the message was static.
As the fleet continued on their journey to Ordus III, the captains discussed their predicament.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Find the Founders XI

Post by Lt. Staplic »

hail the other captians...

This is Captain of the Staplic, we need to sit down and discuss what has happenned, I'd offer my ship, but I don't really like the idea of those pirate's messing around with my systems, whose ship has the highest diplomatic grade, it'll be the hardest to hack.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I think that that's a bad idea, I think that we should do it over the comm, as I don't trust any of you.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

maybe, but I also fear what the pirates can do aboard their ship while also conversing aboard the comm lines, at least if we assemble, they cannot plot together.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Staplic, Nickswits, this is MM&I Actual. Safety in numbers Staplic? I can understand that. Our last mission was as a diplomatic transport. We're still out-fitted for it if anyone's interested?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

This is Captain Mark. We had better think of something rather quickly, because my ship is a bit outdated for modern warfare. Perhaps if we all simply network our holodecks, we can a seemingly "real time" conference?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I can settle for that....as long as we also monitor transmissions so no secrete messages go flying behind our back.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

The Captain of the USS Monroe spoke up, "Perhaps we should bring all our ships close? Can't very well surprise attack when we're all deck to deck."
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

that could work, of course, if one of the captains rig their ship for a warp core breach....ka-boom
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

"Pirates usually are not suicidal."
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

I support the holodeck idea - we should all take a cautious approach until we can find more evidence.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I really see no reason to fool about with the holodecks. We can converse just fine via the comms system, and I sure as hell don't feel like abandoning my bridge given the current situation.

Also, grouping up close is a phenomenaly bad idea. I can tell you from experience that grouping ships together just makes a salvo of torps all too likely to hit something. Spreading out in a wide circle formation would be a far better idea. Not only would the increased distance between ships make an attack far less likely to succeed, but we'd also be able to spot the firing ship with ease.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

so where did the torpedoes come from...does anyone have any scanns?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Thanks to that anomaly, we have nothing beyond a few meters out from the hull. And as for grouping in closely, no thank you. I am not putting my ship in danger by coming within transporter distence.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I got nothing as of now, I wonder if they'll strike again...
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang