Helter Skelter

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Helter Skelter

Post by Nickswitz »

I just read this, (almost done, finishing it tonight probably) and I must say, besides good writing, the whole trial and everything behind it was very interesting. Manson was obviously the mastermind and he was a horrible person, but besides being evil, he was a brilliant mind. His mind was much like Hitler's although he was 'insane', he was also brilliant. He could talk anyone into doing anything, he almost got Linda Kasabian (the one that was innocent and hurt no one) to kill, and she was the 'sweetest girl' according to the defense attorney. Had he used his ability for good he could have done great things, he could have been a brilliant speaker, and heck, he could have been able to become president with his ability to talk. That said, it was a great book, next up, a book on the Psychology of serial killers, lots of fun, will be quite interesting actually.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Helter Skelter

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I never got around to reading this. I suppose there could be some benefit to learning even a little bit about a mind like that.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Well, I'm going into psychology, so, for me it was quite beneficial. If I ever come across anyone like him, well, I really don't know what I'd do.
The world ended

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nickswitz wrote:...If I ever come across anyone like him, well, I really don't know what I'd do.
If you realize it in time?

Run.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Or get rid of him somehow, you know, save the world from a crazy man.
The world ended