Great Quotes

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Great Quotes

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Just like the "Great Lines" thread on the Stargate sub-forum.

"The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Great Quotes

Post by Varthikes »

"Another lesson? What this time?"
"Beauty...in the dark."
"It must be working. You're starting to talk just like a Vorlon."
--Ivanova and Sheridan; "There in All the Honor Lies"

Ivanova: "Looking for the good in everything, eh, Captain?"
Sheridan: "Of course. If I didn't, I might end up like you."
Ivanova: "Hey, what's that supposed to mean? Did anyone hear that? Did you hear that?"
Corwin: "No, ma'am."
Ivanova: "I swear. If we live through this, someone's going to find their shower preference changed to ice water."
--"A Day in the Strife"
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

See my quote. By Londo, forget what episode though.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

"I was .. never a child. I had responsibilities. I've had responsibilities for as long as I can remember. Duty. Honor. Family."
"Ah. That explains a great deal."
"Really? And what exactly does it explain, G'Kar?"
"I spent my years in one shelter after another. But sooner or later, I was able to leave the shelter and walk out into the daylight. You do not have that luxury. You carry your shelter with you, .. every day. You didn't grow up. You grew old."

Londo and G'Kar, A View from the Gallery
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nice one.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Monroe wrote:See my quote. By Londo, forget what episode though.
Actually, that particular one was Sheridan to Ivanova in Season 2's "A Race Through Dark Places".

This was Londo's, from "Convictions":

"How many Centauri does it take to screw in a light bulb? Just one, but in the great old days of the Republic, hundreds of servants would change a thousand light bulbs at a slightest whim!!"

=====================

And, of course, we can't have a "Great Quotes" Thread for B5 without having this one:

"This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw, or be destroyed!"
"Negative. We have authority here. Don't force us to engage your ship."
"Why not? Only one Human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me; you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
(Clark's ships turn tail)
--Delenn and Clark-loyal Captain; "Severed Dreams"
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Yeah I got goose bumps when Delenn said that line. I still need to watch the last season.

And come to think of it you're right about Sherridan, but didn't he say Londo told him the line? :P
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

No. He just said that he "heard a great one today."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Varthikes wrote:No. He just said that he "heard a great one today."
Ah alright. Still a great quote :)

-Remain Star Trek-
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Yeah, that it is. I also love what comes after it:

"Knock, knock."
"Who's there?"
"Kosh."
"Kosh Who?"
"Gesundheit."
"Were you like this when you were married?"
"Yeah."
"The woman was a saint."
--Sheridan and Ivanova
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

"Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe and Lao-Tzu and Einstein and Morobuto and Buddy Holly and Aristophenes, and all of this... all of this was for nothing, unless we go to the stars." - Commander Sinclair to a reporter.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus.

"Something my father said... he was old, very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting alone in the dark, crying. So I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter... because I have forgotten how to dance." I never understood what that meant, until now." - Londo.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

From "In the Beginning":
Londo Mollari: The War. The humans, I think, knew they were doomed. Where another race would surrender to despair, the humans fought back with greater strength. They made the Minbari fight for every inch of space. In my life, I have never seen anything like it; They would weep, they would pray, they would say goodbye to their loved ones, and then throw themselves without fear or hesitation at the very face of death itself, never surrendering. No one who saw them fighting against the inevitable could help but be moved to tears by their courage. Their stubborn nobility. When they ran out of ships, they used guns, when they ran out guns they used knives and sticks and bare hands. They were magnificent. I only hope that when it is my time, I may die with half as much dignity as I saw in their eyes in the end. They did this for two years they never ran out of courage but in the end, they ran out of time.

President: Are we on? This is... this is the President. I have just been informed that the midrange military bases at Beta Durani and Proxima 3 have fallen to the Minbari advance. We've lost contact with Io and must conclude that they too have fallen to an advance force. Our Military Intelligence believes that the Minbari intend to bypass Mars and hit Earth directly and the attack could come at any time. We have continued to broadcast our surrender and a plea for mercy and they have not responded. Therefore we can only conclude that we stand at the twilight of the human race. In order to buy time for our evacuation transports to leave Earth, we ask for the support of every ship capable of fighting to take part in a last defense of our home world. We will not lie to you, we do not believe that survival is a possibility. We believe that anyone who joins this battle will never come home. But for every ten minutes we can delay the military advance, several hundred more civilians may have a chance to escape to neutral territory. Though Earth may fall, the human race must have a chance to continue elsewhere. No greater sacrifice has ever been asked of a people. But I ask you now to step forward one last time, one last battle to hold the line against the night. May God go with you all.

Comine those with the background music, and I still cry.
Londo's speech
Battle of the Line
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

"...I've learned the hard way that governments deal in matters of convenience, not conscience. If they fall behind, it's up to the rest of us to make up the difference... If we don't, who will?"

"Who indeed...?"

- Sheridan and Delenn in "Acts of Sacrifice"
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

"This is over, because we've decided it's over! Now, get the hell out of our galaxy!"
--Sheridan to the Vorlons and Shadows; "Into the Fire"