"Unexpected" humor

Enterprise
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: "Unexpected" humor

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm with him on this. Early VOY was even worse.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

None of the shows got off to great starts but I think Voyager's first two seasons are probably the worst of all. They ran out of ideas in the very first season.
steamrunner
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by steamrunner »

Please split to "VOY"...I want to bash ENT here! 8)
"If? If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle..."
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

One bit of unexpected humor was in "Terra Prime" where Reed is on the shuttle, and making comments about his stomach coming up (due to turbulence). Doctor Phlox makes a comment about having something that will help, but Reed tells him that Phlox has given him all the medicine that Reed can handle. Doctor Phlox merely hands him a barf bag.

Just a simple item, but it was well placed. No fancy pills that instant cure, even the medicine can reach its limits, but good old basics work just fine.

Edit (added stuff):
Plus the comment from one of the ambassadors, "There are protesters chanting outside the Andorian embassy... and they're using words that aren't in the universal translator."
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
steamrunner
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by steamrunner »

In "Dead Stop" when Archer asks the repair station computer if there is anyone he can speak to, Trip says, "I don't think there's anybody back there..." Remember the "Where's the Beef?" Wendy's commercial? Exact same line...
"If? If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle..."