Alien Ships

Graham's Coalition Universe stuff
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Alien Ships

Post by Graham Kennedy »

An Areldeni Gunfighter. The ship is a Midspace vessel which follows the twin lobe system, in common with Areldeni capital ships. There's a great big AMP cannon in the nose, with a big belly tank of matter and antimatter under the pilot. Like most Areldeni hardware this would be a generation or two behind the Coalition, but with the older tech pushed to the absolute limit in an attempt to keep up. Actually even more so in this case, as the sublight engines are toroidal repellors rather than the propulsors other Areldeni ships use. I might have to make an upgraded version with propulsors! The scripting on the side is just random shapes, by the way.

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Des the pilot being visible in the fighter aslo implicate that the Araldei still rely on visual factors, or is this to counter claustrophobia or lack in technology?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

They use a combination. You can't use your eyes for anything serious, the ranges are simply too long. But the Areldeni would use them for close in things like takeoff and landing, maneuvering within the hangar deck, etc. Their VR stuff isn't as good.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Reminds me of a Cobra (the chopper, not the snake.) Is that intentional?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Not really, no. The Aazat gunship was based on the Cobra though.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

GrahamKennedy wrote: with a big belly tank of matter and antimatter under the pilot.
Wouldn't it be more sensible to put the fuel tank in the back part? It should save up on extra fuel lines and the connection between both lobes could be strengthened with material that is then freed up. Or the cannon could be given extra space.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The fuel tank IS in the back part. The bulge under the cockpit is a matter/antimatter tank for the cannon.