Fate of the Dominion Post Ds9

Deep Space Nine
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I think the transwarp corridors need to be mapped out before use. We have no evidence of them ebing abkle to show up anywhere. They usually arrive very fast at a location then go at normal speed towards their target.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Pretty much what I thought, because there is no evidence of the cubes (not including that weird thing from "Descent") just trans-warping to anywhere they felt in the galaxy.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The borg vs dominion idea would have to be very big! A massive war! Unlike the AQ war they would be able to draw on their own ship yards and not just the cardassians. They would also not have the KW problems that they ran into in the AQ. In the AQ war they started off well but losses started to take a toll on them and it was harder the replace ships and troops without the help of the GQ.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hmmm... the Federation drawn into a real, all-out war - one that dwarfs the scale of the Dominion War? Would actual military ability become a requirement for the admiralty? Would common sense become a necessity for starship design? Would Federation policy move away from just trying to appease everyone? The possibilities are endless.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Thats my point though! It would open up the option for the writers to repair the ruin that they have done. The AQ BQ and GQ would be fighting side by side, shoulder to shoulder! A new era of ship building, story line, character development and even common sense!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

If the Federation didnt change their tactics during the Dominion war which they almost lost I dobt they would do it for anything.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Can't a man dream?
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Not if teaos can help it. :lol:
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Even if the transwarp corridors weren't all the way to the GQ they'd still get there pretty darn fast, conduit it most of the way and then just transwarp in the cubes the rest. I'd like to see what would happen if the great link of the founders came in contact with the hivemind of the Borg. All they'd need would be to get one drone onto the surface to try establish a link and with the Borg's vast store of assimilated tech I'm sure they'd find a way. What would the Gemhadar do when the founders in the great link gave them Borg orders?
The 3 quadrents fighting the Borg together wouldn't happen I reckon as the Borg just wouldn't bother with massed fleet battles if they didn't want to. They could just pick us off one by one if they really wanted, get in assimilate Earth, Romulus or whereever before the local defence got its act together and then transwarp away. Borg hit and run tactics (which they've never used I know) would cause havoc in the empires with their centralised comand structures.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Thats a very good point colm.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Which point Deep, the great link or the centralised command bit or just in general.
I must admit I was thinking about my reply for a while today so glad its well received.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I meant all around good point or points if you would.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Good point, colmquinn, and welcome to the forum, BTW.

I'd be interested to see if the reverse process might be true - if the collective mind of a cube could be overwhelmed by the consciousness of the Great Link. Imagine a cube full of drones, needing no White at all yet still fully loyal to the Founders...

And you may be correct about the Borg avoiding an alliance of the entire A and B Q's, but that wouldn't make for as good eye candy, now would it? :wink:
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Galactic War! :twisted:
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Thanks, I've been meaning to join for a while just haven't gotten around to it yet. Main site is great.
It would be nice to see what would happen to the great link v's hive mind but in the end I think the single mindedness of the Borg would wear down the founders though the ability of the founders to pool their knowledge and experiences could proove troublesome but I'm sure the Borg have faced similar before.
Galactic war would be nice to see and probably would be the outcome as hit and run decapitation strikes sound too imaginative for trek. Bordering on common sense. :shock: