Hows this for a split...

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Hows this for a split...

Post by Mikey »

#1 - the NX-01 made Kronos in four days. Don't use travel times. #2 - the entire raison d'etre of a culture is less important to cultural identity than industrial capacity? Come on. #3 - how would I know how far you are from the ocean? I'd heard that England isn't landlocked.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:#1 - the NX-01 made Kronos in four days. Don't use travel times.
We also have solid evidence of the NX-01's top speed, given by the Chief Engineer briefing the CO, which puts it at about 120-130c. Therefore either Kronos is just outside the Oort Cloud, or some other method, such as a wormhole, was used. With the neoE we have no such contradictory evidence, and so until we're given further data that which we already have stands.
#2 - the entire raison d'etre of a culture is less important to cultural identity than industrial capacity? Come on.
Culture is less important than industry when we're trying to determine how far back we have to go to find the POD between the Geneverse and the Abramsverse
#3 - how would I know how far you are from the ocean? I'd heard that England isn't landlocked.
Nonetheless, why would I build a battleship in my garden? The word "garden" implies grass, not water. :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

No evidence of something extraordinary in the NX-01's trip to Kronos. Ergo, Kronos is 4 days from Earth at Warp 5. Industrial capacity is window dressing for the true criteria defining a culture. And what you describe is a "lawn," not a garden. Speak American. :P. Sorry about the response format - I'm posting from my phone.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer