Can I still play Freespace?

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Can I still play Freespace?

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I recently decided to dust off a few of my older games when I came across an old favourite, Freespace.
Throwing it into my computer I discovered that for some reason it no longer runs. I have heard you can get around this problem but my technical knowledge concerning computers is rather lacking.
Has anyone here know how to get it working again?
Thanks.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Works for me :-/ I use windows 2000 I know XP screws with some stuff if that's your operating software.

I'm also assuming you mean Descent Freespace and not some other game called Freespace :P I like it a lot I think it'd make an excellent book series. I even downloaded the 'bible' about 80 pages of background information on MS Word really cool stuff.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, I meant Descent:Freespace.

What is this 'bible'? And where can it be found?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I don't remember where exactly but it called itself the Descent Freespace Bible so I'm sure if you did a search you could find the word document. It just has more background info on all the ships / weapons / species than the game went into. It said it was in the hope of an author using it in a future book.
It also had the transcripts of all the cutscenes and pictures and charts in it. I'm out of town right now but when I get back I'll try to copy and paste some of it.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ok, thanks. I'll go looking for it.

To clarify my original question, I'm using XP on my computer.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Crap! I forgot to post this Freespace bible! ugh! And I'm out of town again :P

I'll try to remember this lol
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No problem. :)