Vulcan High Command slaps down the upstart Terrans with ease
15%
After a long and bloody war, Vulcan finaly proves its military superiority
30%
Draw - neither side has the strength to conquer the other
10%
The Terran Empire gains a new province, but with heavy casualties
40%
The Terran Empire triumphs easily, showing the pathetic aliens who's the real master of space
5%

Total votes: 20
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: War of the Week - VHC vs TE

Post by Vic »

I voted the long hard slog to a VHC victory, the technical advantage is just too great.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

We've got 3 votes for the TE but no one has come forward to support them... Come on people...
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Really, I'm on the fence on this one. A good argument could sway me either way. TE supporters, what say you?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I think that the TE could win, on a very slim chance that the Vulcan's couldn't build ships fast enough... The TE would gladly give up ships and ram them to win...
But also the VHC could overpower them if they could exceed the losses, they could raid them, and destroy them fairly simple, So I think it could go either way.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I voted for the TE for the simple reason that they'd already made their universe's Vulcans into slaves, starting with an even greater tech disparity. If they could do it under those circumstances, I'm sure they could defeat the Vulcans using considerably more advanced equipment.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I voted for the TE for the simple reason that they'd already made their universe's Vulcans into slaves, starting with an even greater tech disparity. If they could do it under those circumstances, I'm sure they could defeat the Vulcans using considerably more advanced equipment.
Ummm... what "considerably more advanced equipment"?

This is a war between the ENT Vulcans vs the Mirror Humans. Each one based off of their abilities shown from their own timelines.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:I voted for the TE for the simple reason that they'd already made their universe's Vulcans into slaves, starting with an even greater tech disparity. If they could do it under those circumstances, I'm sure they could defeat the Vulcans using considerably more advanced equipment.
Ummm... what "considerably more advanced equipment"?

This is a war between the ENT Vulcans vs the Mirror Humans. Each one based off of their abilities shown from their own timelines.
Considerably more advanced than the equipment they used to defeat and enslave the Vulcans of their universe. I guess I didn't make that clear, sorry.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I voted Terrans after a long bloody conflict because of two reasons:

1. The Mirror Terrans defeated the Mirrior Vulcans, meaning they do posess some of the know how to defeat Vulcans, and they'll have Mirrior Vulcan Tech.

2. At the beginning of the War, The Vulcans may be looking more for a peaceful solution, holding back their full force. Earth will be going all out targeting key shipyards, and other strategic points...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

OH, okay. I wrote of the Mirror Vulcan defeat as they seemed to lack any combat ability (plot fate).
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Lt. Staplic wrote:I voted Terrans after a long bloody conflict because of two reasons:

1. The Mirror Terrans defeated the Mirrior Vulcans, meaning they do posess some of the know how to defeat Vulcans, and they'll have Mirrior Vulcan Tech.

2. At the beginning of the War, The Vulcans may be looking more for a peaceful solution, holding back their full force. Earth will be going all out targeting key shipyards, and other strategic points...
I figured on the VHC being much more aggressive then the mirror Vulcans.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

They might be, but the VHC from what we've seen is still logical and somewhat pacifists, they'd rather make an alliance and treaty than go to open warfare, the only exception to this is the Vulcan Council leader who was following the Romulans.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Lt. Staplic wrote:They might be, but the VHC from what we've seen is still logical and somewhat pacifists, they'd rather make an alliance and treaty than go to open warfare, the only exception to this is the Vulcan Council leader who was following the Romulans.
We must have seen two different VHCs from ENT. Not hard to believe since I never paid much attention to it. But, the VHC I saw used monks as spies, humans as scapgoats and surprise attacks as their primary tactic.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

IIRC the monks weren't spies, just holders of the secrete of the listening post beneath the sanctuary, idk what the human scapegoat thing is, and the suprise attack was what I was reffering too about the secrete Romulan plot.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Still, not a very peaceful race IMO.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

No, but more so than the Terran Empire.