The Writers discuss the "nits"

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The Writers discuss the "nits"

Post by Monroe »

Tyyr wrote:I would have slept with the Orion girl just because, no ulterior motive.
Yeah she was hot. Pictures for the babe thread!
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Rochey wrote:They've stated it's not canon.
That really pisses me off. Either it is or ot isn't canon, otheriwse, why bring in out in conjunction with the new movie?
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Monroe wrote:
Tyyr wrote:I would have slept with the Orion girl just because, no ulterior motive.
Yeah she was hot. Pictures for the babe thread!
Two lovely green reasons to see the film :)
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Well, I'd have thought myself that a guy like Nero on a ship that could destroy whole fleets of the time would have been hard to hide, so the Klingon bit fits nicely, and also explains what that battle in Klingon space with 47 ships destroyed was about.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Lazar wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:Kirk fired on the Narada when the black hole engulfed it rather than leaving it to die, because it had already survived going through a black hole once; if it survived it again who knows where or when it would end up, or what it would do when it got there.
Must be some crazy new kind of black hole. ;)
It is a 'red matter' black hole. Either way he wasn't going to let Nero get a second chance.

Besides, you've got a major ship whose Captain tried to kill your home planet where all your friends live. I'd be pumping shots into also. Without the singularity, I'd fire enough torpedoes enough to cripple it, then send over boarding parties to try and capture it. With the singularity sucking it in, I'd reign myself to writing up a requisition for several hundred photon torpeodoes, and replacement launchers due to the rapid firing causing them to melt.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)