Box Office Take...

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Box Office Take...

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Helm, set course for a sequal, maximum warp!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

:celebrate:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I wonder how long it will be. Ironman 2 is coming out only 2 years after the original. I wonder if it'll be 2 or 3 or more for Trek. Personally I'd strike while the iron is hot. It's made a big come back, it's doing great, get that sequel going.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

If they come back too soon it may get old to some people, so I think they should come back in like 2 years so they can get a good movie and still have interest in the audiance.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Thanks for those, Graham. :D :D :D
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Nickswitz wrote:If they come back too soon it may get old to some people, so I think they should come back in like 2 years so they can get a good movie and still have interest in the audiance.
There's just about no way they could get a movie to the screen quicker than 2 years, not with the kind of FX they'd have in it.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I just contributed by seeing ST for a second time. Not as many as most of you, I know, but the last time I saw a movie twice in theaters was the original Matrix. :shock:
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Box office

The film's first normal US screenings were at 7 p.m. on May 7, 2009,[137] grossing $4 million on its opening day. By the end of the weekend, Star Trek had opened with $79,204,289, as well as $35.5 million from other countries. Adjusted and unadjusted for inflation, it beat Star Trek: First Contact for the largest US opening for a Star Trek film. The film made $8.5 million from its IMAX screenings, breaking The Dark Knight's $6.3 million IMAX opening record.[138] The film is the highest-grossing in the entire Star Trek film franchise, eclipsing the previous leader, IV: The Voyage Home (which made $109,713,132). Its opening weekend numbers alone outgross the entire runs of The Undiscovered Country, The Final Frontier, Insurrection and Nemesis.[139] As of 31 May 2009 (2009 -05-31)[update], the film's domestic box office total stands at $209,313,884, which places the 11th feature film as the highest grossing film thus far for 2009 in North America.[140] while its international gross is at $101,350,393[141] for a total worldwide gross of $310,664,277.
Ripped from wiki.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Woohoo its goin up!
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.