Worst fan-ships?

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Worst fan-ships?

Post by Captain Seafort »

^ +1 regarding the Apollo. As for the others...

The Bradberry: Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. Where's that from? The Jetsons?

The Concorde: Wow. I never thought I'd see anything that makes the Andromeda Ascendant look positively robust.

The Leyte Gulf: A GCS with a random extra. Deep joy. :roll:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

This is the c10 type romulan warbird. i found it in outalanceshipyards
Last edited by SomosFuga on Tue May 26, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Good God that's horrible.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

It's a good example of the worst sort of fanship - a cut-and-paste job without any thought going into why it should look like that. Even adding a lower neck and bridge, and sloping them in to give the design horizontal symmetry and a closer similarity to the D'Deridex would have been an improvement (albeit not much of one).
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yeah, seriously, they did really bad on that one, it is UGLY!
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

The Ultra Class Imperial Star Destroyer isn't bad since it was never built. Its hard to give a fan too much grief for a fan ship that said universe never wanted to build.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Actually looks good I think.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

It looks fine to me, just too much of a cruise liner than anything else, and yet in BC it's like a battle ship, but it still looks like a cruise ship, that's what bothers me.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Monroe wrote:The Ultra Class Imperial Star Destroyer isn't bad since it was never built. Its hard to give a fan too much grief for a fan ship that said universe never wanted to build.
Why? They designed it, they thought up the specs. The fact that it isn't canon (aside from being a blessing) is something of a relief). Indeed, the Freudian Nightmare is probably one of the better ships in this thread, given that it isn't excessive by the standards of its universe; it's certainly far smaller than either Death Star.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Nickswitz wrote:It looks fine to me, just too much of a cruise liner than anything else, and yet in BC it's like a battle ship, but it still looks like a cruise ship, that's what bothers me.
I just watched a BC vid in which this thing destroyed three Borg cubes... I mean what the hell?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Tyyr wrote:
Nickswitz wrote:It looks fine to me, just too much of a cruise liner than anything else, and yet in BC it's like a battle ship, but it still looks like a cruise ship, that's what bothers me.
I just watched a BC vid in which this thing destroyed three Borg cubes... I mean what the hell?
That's not right at all. Probably someone tweaked the ship script file.

Out of curiosity, do you have a link to that video?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Tyyr wrote:
BC???
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Bridge Commander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCumJWPylLE

Ah yeah, he's running a mod.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I imagine it's Kobayashi Maru. The Excalibur is famed across BC-Kobayashi Maru for being uber wankship that all the newbies use, and all the twits with no skill use. Sovereign is regarded similarly, although not as bad as the Excalibur.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Tetsueo Class torpedo cruiser
Glen Coe Experimantal Perimeter Action Vessel
Elasi CA Pirate
Last edited by SomosFuga on Tue May 26, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.