Star Trek XII Villains

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs

Who would you like to see as the primary antagonists in Star Trek XII?

Klingons
18%
Romulans
6%
Gorn
12%
Tholians
27%
First Federation
3%
Parasites
12%
Section 31
3%
Mirror Universe
No votes
A new species
9%
An alliance of the above races
No votes
Other (please specify)
9%

Total votes: 33
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Star Trek XII Villains

Post by Tsukiyumi »

So, a question occurred to me: If this movie does well, and we like it (two big assumptions, I know), who would you like to see as the primary antagonists of Trek XII (continuing from the story of XI), and why?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Star Trek XII Villains

Post by stitch626 »

I'd say Tholians. Not much is known about them. And they are awesome.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I think it would be really interesting if they had the Federation as the villain, seeing it through the eyes of somebody else. Such as the Klingons being the Protagonist and Feds being antagonists... Am I the only one that thinks this could be an interesting concept?
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nickswitz wrote:I think it would be really interesting if they had the Federation as the villain, seeing it through the eyes of somebody else. Such as the Klingons being the Protagonist and Feds being antagonists... Am I the only one that thinks this could be an interesting concept?
Interesting... but come on! Do we have to drag one of the better governments through the mud like that? :roll:
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

But seriously wouldn't that be such a great new way to introduce a new species to the mix, with a new perspective. Wouldn't that be an interesting view on the Feds?
The world ended

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

No.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

OK, fair enough, I think it would be interesting, because we could see the inner workings of other species and what not, plus it would be a statement, sort of, you have to look at the other persons perspective to see that your stance is wrong, or even better, see the complete inner workings of both sides. Like seeing the Federation have talks about what to do, and then seeing the other species talking about what they plan on doing. Just because I think it would be cool. I highly doubt that we will ever see something like that. But I think it would be fun to watch, just being able to see that the "bad guys" aren't all soulless bastards who will fight anyone they feel like without a moments notice, and that they actually think things through just like the Feds do.
The world ended

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Most of the time the 'bad guys' aren't seen as soulless bastards.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Well, In NEM, he was a blood sucking vampire, in INS, they were stealing the home world of someone else, IN FC, they were taking over our home world; for no reason at all really, but that's the Borg, in TWOK, Khan was the epitome of soulless, in TMP, it was soulless; but that's not really the point here :lol: , in GEN, the Klingons were looking for nothing more than selfish gain, not caring about the other peoples issues, as was Soran. I may be wrong saying soulless, but they were always seen as nothing more than selfish bastards looking to 'get a buck' as the saying goes.
The world ended

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nickswitz wrote:...in TWOK, Khan was the epitome of soulless...
I disagree. Khan might not have had a 'noble' motive, but he had a damn good one. A soulless man wouldn't have cared about his wife's horrific death.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

True, very sorry, selfish is more the word I was looking for, but none of the villains really seem to think of how their actions may affect the rest of the universe, they seem to be all selfish bastards looking to one-up the Federation.
Except for Khan who is just out to get Kirk.
The world ended

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

A tad early for this thread? :lol:
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

LaughingCheese wrote:A tad early for this thread? :lol:
Nah, the earlier the more chance someone important sees it and takes ideas from it :wink:
The world ended

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Nickswitz wrote:
LaughingCheese wrote:A tad early for this thread? :lol:
Nah, the earlier the more chance someone important sees it and takes ideas from it :wink:
It could happen I guess... :?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nickswitz wrote:Well, In NEM, he was a blood sucking vampire, in INS, they were stealing the home world of someone else, IN FC, they were taking over our home world; for no reason at all really, but that's the Borg, in TWOK, Khan was the epitome of soulless, in TMP, it was soulless; but that's not really the point here :lol: , in GEN, the Klingons were looking for nothing more than selfish gain, not caring about the other peoples issues, as was Soran. I may be wrong saying soulless, but they were always seen as nothing more than selfish bastards looking to 'get a buck' as the saying goes.
Shinzon was trying to live after being condemned to slavery and tossed aside by the Romulans. The Son'a wanted what they felt as their birthright. The Borg... okay, soulless. But I don't think they qualify under the literal term of 'bastards'. V'Ger was trying to fulfill its programming as best it could. Khan got majorly screwed over after Space Seed, loved his wife, cared for his crew. Soran was possibly insane.