Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: The Staplic Star Trek Universe

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Weapons Used by the United Federation of Planets Marine Corps:

PR-13 Rifle: Standard Issue weapon of the UFPMC. Has settings for continuous burst, single shot phase pulse, or rapid fire phase pulse. Equipped with pop-out scope for distance shots.

PR-13B Rifle: A Step up from the standard Issue rifle. This has settings for continuous, single shot, rapid fire, or triple burst. This version is also slightly more compact without sacrificing any of the power.

FMC-3 Rifle: A shortened carbine that fires solid projectile rounds similar to the TR-116 of the Early Marines. The FMC-3 also comes with a miniature transporter. Marines opting to buy a physical round weapon can either purchase this or it's full length assault rifle counterpart the FMC-2.

PSR-12 Marksman Grade: Phase-sniper has settings for continuous burst, or single shot. The Rifle has excellent zooming capabilities with high resolution scope, and is one of the most accurate rifles to ever be produced in Federation Territory.

Photon Grenades: The Photonic Grenade uses a very small m/am reaction (2pg m/am) to eliminate enemies. Sensors read the location of the thrower in reference to its location and creates a directed blast keeping as much of the energy away from the thrower as possible.

Sonic Grenades: The sonic grenades use a range of sonic frequencies to disrupt enemy neuro-functions, paralyzing them for a second while the Marines move in.

Shock Grenade: The shock grenade is another less than lethal weapon. This grenade uses a conventional chemical reaction to release a bright light as well as smoke to cover the ambush of the thrower.

FMC-M4: The standard heavy bombardment weapon of the marines. Fires a standard Federation photon grenade or M4R-A over a distance of up to 17 miles, typically operated by a two man team.

FMCGL-7: Grenade Launcher outfitted for photonic, sonic, or Shock grenades. The launcher is equipped with a scope able to display max range at any given angle.

FMCRL - 8: A shoulder mounted anti armor weapon designed to penetrate light to medium armored units. The FMCRL - 8 is the standard rocket launcher of the UFPMC. The launcher can be outfitted to use both M4R-A mortars or RLR-9 Rockets.

M4R-A: The Standard round used in the FMC-M4 mortar. The M4R-A uses 5pg matter with equal anti-matter to achieve its explosion. The round also uses a guided propulsion system to extend its range and accuracy.

RLR-9: A rocket round used in the FMCRL-8. The Rocket is for use on large targets from a good distance. It uses a total of 5ng of matter and anti-matter, the biggest amount in an Infantry based weapon.

Type V Portable Phaser canon: A portable version of the typically ship based weapons system. Can be separated into multiple units and carried by a mechanized craft or several troops. It's operated by a three man team. Used in breaching heavy fortifications and holding captured territory.

Type X Fixed Phaser Cannon: This cannon is usually mounted on vehicles as a support weapon, or sometimes vehicles are outfitted to move these cannons around the battlefield. The Cannon and vehicle require a three man team to fully operate.

VMMAMMS: Stands for Vehicle Mounted Matter/Anti-matter Missile System. The Federation Marine Corps uses this Vehicle mounted system to attack enemy fortifications on the other side of the battle field. The Marines currently use the Hayes Rocket.

Hayes Rocket: The Hayes Rocket uses 100ng of matter/anti-matter. Yielding a 9 GJ blast, enough to level most enemy vehicles and knock down enemy fortifications. The Hayes Rocket's are limited in their production and are only deployed in VMMAMMS, and other vehicle mounted arsenals.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tx. Why wheels on the Hummer?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Idk, reduce power emmissions. That was one of the topics brought up when I orrigionally designed a tank for the Gamma Mission and used Anti-grav. that the power emmissions and use would be too much to hold in that sized vehicle.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Fair enough. Just wondering about your intention, is all.
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

that would be it. :)
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Devil Dog Class
500m x 280m x 56m - 3,275.5 Metric Tonnes
14 decks: 250 crew - 50 officers 200 Enlisted
2 full Battalions of Marines

3x Type X Phasers
6x Type XII Phasers
13x Rapid Fire Phaser Pulse Cannons
Total output ~ 200,000 TW
2x Type 3 Burst Fire A-Class Torpedoes (Aft)
2x Type 4 Burst Fire A-Class Torpedoes (Fore)
2x Pulse Fire A-Class Torpedoes (Fore)
900 Torpedo Stock

Shields: 5 million TJ
25cm Ablative Armor
Standard SIF

Warp Cuise: 14.25
Max Warp: 17.1

DITL Stats
Beam: 4000
Torpedoes: 2700
Wepon Range: 750
Shields: 1851.852
Hull: 3950
Warp: 2610.834
Maneuverability: 2500
Overall: 2747.571

In 2406 General Hammond of the United Federation of Planets Marine Corps (UFPMC), began agitating for a new Marine Carrier. The Eaton Class, a Starfleet design to fill the role, was, he felt, too underpowered to function properly. In the few skirmishes since its initial run, the Eaton had demonstrated its inadequacy. The class was often destroyed before entering orbit, or shortly there after and seldom was able to defend a planet without any battle cruiser support.

With Starfleet's permission Hammond formed a team to begin designing the new ship. Within weeks four major leaders had emerged to guide the program to completion. Major J. Frazee of the Marine's Engineers Corps, Commander J. Sears from Starfleet R&D, Lt. Commander C. Sutter from the Starfleet Engineering Division, and finally Captain C. Stapleford, veteran of the Dominion War, and experienced starship designer.

The first step taken by the team was their decision to design a roughly medium sized ship. This was chosen because of the balance it presented between number of Marines per craft and number of crafts, each with their own pro's and cons. They also began the preliminary designs selecting a triangular saucer, with a drive section slightly smaller in comparison, and four nacelles for survivability.

Major Frazee took charge when the debate turned to defensive systems. After weeks of discussion, he pushed through the decision for a shield system rated at five million TJ, powered on its own generator. They also decided on a loose fitting matrix, giving a balance between the pros/cons of bubble and form fit shields, and with a slightly less costly power drain of only seven percent, giving the shields active field strength at 4,650,000TJ. The Major also insisted on heavy armor. He was displeased with the decision of only 25cm Ablative Armor, but he was forced to bite his toung as resources and the rest of the team dictated that as their max.

The team then turned to outfitting the weapons systems on the new class. After weeks of debate and consultation with General Hammond and other Eaton Commanders, it was decided they would go with an Anti-Fleet Configuration, powered at ~200,000 TW. They also devoted 1/5th the ship to torpedo systems, with six torpedo tubes: two pulse fire tubes, two type three burst fire tubes, and two type four burst fire tubes. They also included a stock of 900 A-Class Torpedoes, and a torpedo replicator.

Finally, the design teams turned to the remaining ship space. They increased the size of the sickbay to add additional equipment and beds for use during battle. They increased the number of transporters and the size of the hanger bay to allow quicker transport to and from any planet they were besieging. It was also decided to include two holodecks, for recreational and training purposes, two gyms for the Marines, and a recreational lounge area.

They were about to submit the design when Commander Sears suggested the use of a new computer system from R&D. The Quantum Computer is an upgrade in the computer security and storage systems. The quantum computers were updated with the newest anti-hacker code Starfleet could develop, and was done so after extensive analysis of retrieved Borg computers. On top of this, because the computer stores information as light inside an Einstein-Condensate, if the firewalls should be breeched, the computer will initiate the heating of the computer core to about 5 Kelvin solidifying the condensate and releasing the information storing light. The computer system is another advancement and is used in conjunction with isolinear chips and bio-neural gel packs.

The ship was outfitted for missions lasting a max of ten months. The designers wanted a life long enough to hold a planet but couldn't devote too much cargo space to the ship, ten months it was decided was a long enough life, and the ships could easily be freighted too when in blockade.

General Hammond was pleased with the design and gave it his endorsement. By 2408, the USS Devil-Dog was under construction. In 2409, the first Devil-Dog class ship was launched and has since proven its worth and ability.

*This was a group designed starship that I did along with the help of Mr. Frazee, Mr. Sears, and Mr. Sutter. Also credit to Teaos whose design process for the Paladin is the basics of how I did mine.
Last edited by Lt. Staplic on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

How heavy is neutronium? Digging up my knowledge it says a teaspoon of it would weigh a lot, around the mass of the moon. I can of course be mistaken, so how to solve the weight problem? And the scarcity of it all.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Uhh.....unless something has drastically changed, Starfleet doesn't know how to make neutronium, or the ability to reshape it if found.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'll edit the post to make up for this....I wasn't aware of all that about neutronium. (except for the rarity) what ep is is scited in?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Right off the top of my head, The Doomsday Machine...........and IIRC neutronium played a role in the iconian gateways too.........

Anybody else?
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'd thought it was some kind of rare element starfleet had come accross, but never actually used in it's ships because there wasn't enough.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Didn't the Dyson Shell in TNG: "Relics" comprise neutronium in part?
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The Doomsday machine was built of neutronium, a virtually impenetrable alloy or material that offensive weapons didnt even scratch. Only the detonation of the Constellation (i think) in the maw of the Doomsday machine halted it.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yeah, basically fried whatever internal components it had.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:Didn't the Dyson Shell in TNG: "Relics" comprise neutronium in part?

I think your right. It blocked E-Ds sensors.