Did The NX-01 Run Into Khan?

Enterprise
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You seriously trust the writers enough for this to happen? :shock:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

No and it would have also been completely ridiculous. I'm just saying, from at least some point, it would have been somewhat humorous to see.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

There was no Khan! He was trapped on the Botany Bay! :x
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
CaptainQuantum
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by CaptainQuantum »

I think there was a passing reference to the Botany Bay in the first Augments episode - Soong mentioned that it had never been found.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Deepcrush wrote:There was no Khan!
There is no spoon!
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

CaptainQuantum wrote:I think there was a passing reference to the Botany Bay in the first Augments episode - Soong mentioned that it had never been found.
You would think there'd be a tracking device on the damn thing. They never mention one in the non-canon "Rise and Fall" books, but you'd think when they set the course to the distant star system they'd keep track. I understand it was a top-secret launch, etc, but c'mon.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

How dare you question the ALL KNOWING star trek writers! :roll:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Bryan Moore wrote:
CaptainQuantum wrote:I think there was a passing reference to the Botany Bay in the first Augments episode - Soong mentioned that it had never been found.
You would think there'd be a tracking device on the damn thing. They never mention one in the non-canon "Rise and Fall" books, but you'd think when they set the course to the distant star system they'd keep track. I understand it was a top-secret launch, etc, but c'mon.
Kahn wasn't exactly the most popular man in the world when he left - it's likely that even if the Botany Bay had a tracking device to start with, it was likely removed or deactivated to stop people comming after them.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.