Warhammer 40K

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Get a cheap copy of the necron army book of ebay, the 'old ones'vs c'tan starvampire war is well written, even justifies the creation of the eldar wraithguard, hints at the imperial machine god revered by the adeptus mechanicus on mars at being a c'tan-the void dragon, explains the blackstone fortresses in the gothic war(talismans of vaul), how the denizens of the warp became fell daemons 'harvesters'(psychic backlash from the energies that the old ones had released) and even the origins of the krorks(orks-used as area denial weapons) and eldar (cultivated for their psychic prowess in assisting the old ones).
Yes they knicked 'old ones' from HP Lovecraft....
On the tabletop, i love the flayed ones for their deep strike, not to mention painting wet torn hides draped over a mechanical skeleton is fun and the 'we'll be back', regeneration roll of necron warriors, although the monolith being an uber-tank with portal et al, always seems to attract too much firepower, regardless of its necrodermis or whatever its called(although it mocks eldar/dark eldar brightlances/darklances)
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

The Necrons have their weakness, but they are ass kickers. as granite said.. the Monolith draws alot of fire. and once the necrons are down to 25 percent of their points, they automatically lose.. or ingame.. "fade away"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

What the necrons need, is at least one more troop type.....
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

yeah, lol except the Necron Warrior is pretty universal.....

good against infantry, can make glancing blows on vehicles.. can get back up, as tough as space marines.. lol
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i remember the old metal necron raiders boxed set, complete with the scarabs...........those were the days!
From what i heard from one of the trollz,is that the initial necron codex represents the advanced guard of the necrons, at least the first to emerge and that the next one will contain a much expanded army list.............fingers crossed, that that'll happen
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

they definately are a heavy infantry army, hit hard, and tough as nails to take down, but they're slow as molasses, and very unvaried, and their super units, draw fire like a moth to a flame.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

although...gauss guns.........oh it sounds so beautiful and it is..... :D
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The big nec problem is that a fast moving army can lay down a smashing amount of fire on a flank and just stay moving to keep away from other units. The best tactic for Nec army list is have everything in a block form. Tight together and marching forward.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

agreed, of course a shield formation(half moon going forward( can be devastating just be careful not to let them get behind you.. and of course you're screwed if they deep strike behind you... sorta.. I wouldn't want to be within 12 inches of the monolith

Typically I play 1500 point games, and my HQ choice is the nightbringer, he draws fire like the monolith lol
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

For anything smaller than 3000points, i just use a necron lord with assorted goodies and as many necron warriors as possible (to prevent phasing out) and a smattering of flayed ones
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

As a tau player with the firepower to bring down whole hordes of enemies the worst is destoryers and heavy destroyers on top of warriors. They make battle a pain and remove my normally easy victory and deal me a lot of harm.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I have a question. Back in the day, I remember the Squats as an abhuman army type, and I really liked them (Exo Armor rocks!) In the Lexicanum, GW sites, et.al., I can't find any reference to them at all. Have they been written out of the more recent editions of WH40k?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah. The 'Nids ate them all. In reality, there was some sort of argument with their creator, and he left with the copyrights to them.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

GW didn't have the copyright to work done under contract for them?!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

*shrug*

That's just what I heard. I don't know how true it is.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"