Deep Space Nine
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Re'deridex

Post by Praeothmin »

Just found this:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:N ... ontact.jpg

Where a Nebula fires torpedoes from her secondary hull below the saucer in ST : FC.
I'll check FC tonight when I get back home from work to make sure it didn't come from the pod.
Also, from a few Nebula images here on DITL, there are two kinds of "doors" on the back of one's neck that could be taken for PTLs.
The truth always depends on which side of the fence you're standing... ;)
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It still just means that a Neb that has a weapon's pod can fire PTs. Without seeing for sure through video we can't be sure.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Praeothmin wrote:...I'll check FC tonight when I get back home from work to make sure it didn't come from the pod...
I'll check now...

Yep, it fires from below the saucer, right above the deflector. I guess they have PT tubes whether they have the weapon pod or not.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Is it a graphics error for the placement of the torp or is there really a PTL there?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:Is it a graphics error for the placement of the torp or is there really a PTL there?
I can't tell from the shot, but it looks like there's room.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Praeothmin wrote:Just found this:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:N ... ontact.jpg

Where a Nebula fires torpedoes from her secondary hull below the saucer in ST : FC.
I'll check FC tonight when I get back home from work to make sure it didn't come from the pod.
Also, from a few Nebula images here on DITL, there are two kinds of "doors" on the back of one's neck that could be taken for PTLs.
These?

Honestly, those could be anything from cargo bay access to the dump for the space crapper.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Doen't really look like the standard tube shape of a PTL does it.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Deepcrush wrote:Doen't really look like the standard tube shape of a PTL does it.
Oh, for the days when a PTL actually looked like something other than a hole poked in the models plastic with a pin.
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Praeothmin »

Cpl Kendall wrote:These?
Yup, those, but it is true that them being PTLs isn't definitive.
But we do know they fire PTs in FC from below the saucer, so they may have them, since there does seem to be enough space.

Anyway, from what we've seen so far, the Nebula would likely have less Phaser strips (as mentioned), but the rest is pretty much the same, so they're most likely of similar power in a fight as a Galaxy (not necessarily equal, but similar), which makes D'Deridex shields appearing equal or more powerful significant:
A D'Deridex's shields appear to be similar in strength or more powerful then those of a GCS...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Praeothmin wrote:...A D'Deridex's shields appear to be similar in strength or more powerful then those of a GCS...
Even if they're a bit less powerful it's still impressive, since most everyone here agrees that shield strength depends partially on the area covered. The D'D is huge, so if their shields can even match a Neb, they're pretty awesome.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Deepcrush wrote:None that are canon as far as I know. The PTLs on the GCS are on the neck. The Neb has no neck and no signs of PTLs elsewhere.
The Phoenix fired Photons in the episode "The Wounded". DITL shows that ship as having a sensor pod fitted, not the weapon pod.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Just one other observation I'd like to toss out here. In "Message in a Bottle", the Nebula class was being targeted by a competant, and apparantly trained crew of Romulan officers. It's not unrealistic to believe that they would be more effective in their targeting than a couple of holographic doctors who accidentally shot the wrong damned ship as well. :lol:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Praeothmin »

And was also targeted by the most advanced ship in Starfleet, using the most advanced weapons available, type XII Phasers, many shots being fired in short time...

:phaser:
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:Just one other observation I'd like to toss out here. In "Message in a Bottle", the Nebula class was being targeted by a competant, and apparantly trained crew of Romulan officers. It's not unrealistic to believe that they would be more effective in their targeting than a couple of holographic doctors who accidentally shot the wrong damned ship as well. :lol:
Neither attack was conducted by the crews - they were both done on autopilot.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.