Scared?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Azrael
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Azrael »

Spiders, i am absolutely and utterly TERRIFIED of them, most people would think i'm scared of bugs..

but i'm so afraid of spiders that every insect is a spider to me, until closer inspection. :P

Needles i'm not scared of anymore, had an IV, Immunizations, and like 20 blood tests done in 3 month period.. no longer mind them.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I strongly dislike needles. I mean strongly.
Same here - I'm better than I was, but if I even see a needle on the TV, I tense up.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Jim wrote:Come on people... this is a Star Trek board for petes' sake.... you KNOW everyone here is afraid of women on their periods...!
....better
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Granitehewer wrote:
Jim wrote:Come on people... this is a Star Trek board for petes' sake.... you KNOW everyone here is afraid of women on their periods...!
....better

I did say I was terrified of women drivers, lol
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Jim wrote:Come on people... this is a Star Trek board for petes sake.... you KNOW everyone here is afraid of women, period...!
I'm married, try again.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Married, too.
Tsukiyumi wrote:I strongly dislike needles. I mean strongly. I am more afraid for the safety of people I love than for myself.
My wife is the same way. I inject myself four times a day, and if my wife is home, I have to go in a different room to do it - that's how sensitive she is to it.

As far as the "falling" people, I finally last summer had my chance to go on Kingda Kaa at Six Flags Great Adventure:

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/ ... gdaka.aspx

450-foot vertical drop... it was awesome.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Jim wrote:Come on people... this is a Star Trek board for petes sake.... you KNOW everyone here is afraid of women, period...!
I'm married, try again.
And I have a good friend from Utah who's flying out to New Hampshire next year.

Needles and heights for me as well. I have a healthy respect of some things... but no real fears beyond those two.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
I'm married, try again.
I've been in more women than a rent-by-the-hour vibrator! My magic number could be a starship prefix code. The only thing regarding women I'm afraid of is committment.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Bryan Moore wrote:The only thing regarding women I'm afraid of is committment.
Ya think?

In all honesty, #1) you're young - don't worry about that right now; #2) commitment is easy - FULFILLING your commitment is the tricky part. If you can pull it off, though, the rewards are HUGE.
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I've lived with enough women to know how to proceed when that 'time of the month' comes on. Really, it isn't their fault, and I generally don't get treated any differently during that time. I would chalk it up to relationships with exceptionally nice girls, but my last serious one... Let's just say she could be a bitch any time of the month, so...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
I'm married, try again.
See, you were so afraid that she was able to get you to basically end you life while still walking around... Yer basically a zombie man...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm also married.

And what's with the universal fear of needles? You can barely feel them. :?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, even before I had to self-inject daily, I never had much of a problem with needles. I don't understand it, but it seems to be a VERY common phobia. It's obvioulsy more an issue of appearance and expectation rather than the actual event.
as Bull offed Custer
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Only if they are attempting to drive me into a corner and start toying with me in the sense of input-process-output. Ansd if they can punch me. Got a bleeding nose thrice in my life, twice from a woman.