Re: The Staplic Star Trek Universe

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Gettysburg Class
288m x 192m x 36m
9 decks: 150 crew - 25 Officers 125 Enlisted

1x Type XII Phasers
2x Type X Phasers
5x Rapid Fire Phaser Pulse Cannons
3x Rapid Fire A-Class/D-Class Torpedoes (1 Fore, 2 Aft)
3x Type 4 Burst Fire A-Class Torpedoes (3 Fore)

Shields: 4 million TJ
Ablative Armor: 20cm
High Power SIF

Warp Cruise 12
Max Warp 16

Beam: 1810
Torpedoes: 9900
Wepons Range: 850
Shields: 1481.481
Hull: 3400
Warp: 2138.705
Maneuverability: 5000
Overall: 3984.028

Gettysburg Class

The Gettysburg Program was initiated in 2408 after a devastating series of pirate attacks on the Federation and nearby powers. Starfleet Command created a project for a new deterrence ship able to fight off the Pirates. The Design team was lead by Captain Harris, an expert on several starship designs including the Defiant and Daystrom. The design team debated for several months over the principal design. Two factions seemed to be forming. One wanted another fast Scout type patroller, the other wanted to use the ship as a secondary Destroyer to back up the older Defiant Class. Captain Harris was originally neutral in the debate, however after three months waiting for them to sort it out, he found he agreed most with the Destroyer group and through majority won that model as their final design. The team finalized the design late in 2410, and submitted it to Starfleet Command. The Command Council originally rejected the designs, on the basis that a Destroyer/Patrol ship would be a threatening statement to the other major powers. A few minor changes to the design reduced its arsenal without damaging it's awfencive capability to much.

The USS Gettysburg went into production on Feb. 1 2411. The projected build time was eight months; however several delays pushed the final date back. Several new technologies were decided to be added to the design to increase its capabilities. There was also a semi-shortage of supplies with the number of recent ship classes being developed. Finally, December 23, 2411 The Gettysburg was released for its maiden voyage. The ship was forced to use outdated quantum torpedoes for its aft torpedo bays because of shortages of A-Class and D-Class.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I like this one more than any other so far, I must say.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I like it too. Form definitely follows function on this one, and it fills a very specific and well-reasoned niche. Is the saucer awfully big for a crew that small, though?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

actually I have an equation that I use to get my crew sizes, based off numbers from other ships.

the number of Enlisted Crew = ((legnth of ship x width of ship x height of ship) x .0000391) +37

the ratio of enlisted to total crew is 436/513

then I take total crew - enlisted to get officers.

Obviously I round and change the answres a little to get nice even numbers.

I programmed that whole thing onto my calculator so all I have to do is input the legnth width height of the ship and it will spit out the exact number of crew, enlisted and officers that I can then round.

Edit:

thought I'd add the scale since it got cut out...each square is 12m
Last edited by Lt. Staplic on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That's fine, I may just be looking at it wrong. Perhaps the engineering hull and nacelles are just smaller based on need, while the saucer remained at a certain constant.
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Sorry, this post is going to be long:

Here by popular demand (i.e. mark's vote and no one elses objection) The Deck by deck breakdown of the Daystrom:

Deck 1: Shield Generators; Phaser Systems

Deck 2: Main Bridge; Nav/Operational systems; secondary computer core; Escape pods; shield generators; Phaser Equipment

Deck 3: Sick Bay; Mess Hall; Crew Quarters; Transporter Rooms 1 & 2; Cargo Bay 1; Computer Core; Engineering Support systems; sensors; Shield Generators

Deck 4: 10 Forward; Shuttle Bay; Security Offices; Tactical Offices; Crew Quarters; Marine Commander Quarters; Officer Quarters; VIP Quarters; Upper Engineering; Holodecks 1-4 (Rec); Pool (2); Gym(2); Impulse Engines; Phaser Systems; Deflector Control

Deck 5: Main Engineering; Emergency Engineers Quarters; Armory; Marine Barracks; Cargo Bay 2 & 3; Gym (2); Holodecks 5-6 (Medical), 7-8 (Engineering/Science), 9-10(Training); Support Hanger; Torpedo Bays; Deflector Control; Impulse Engines

Deck 6: Torpedo Tubes; Phaser Systems; Shield Generators; Sensors; various support systems
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deck 1:

Deck 2:

Deck 3:

Deck 4:

Deck 5:

Deck 6:

and I've also developed 2 new ships that will be making their debut as soon as I get write ups :)
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Zhordic Class
(235m x 160m x 25m)
6 decks: 90 crew; 15 Officers 75 Enlisted

2x Type X Phaser
2x Rapid Fire Phaser Pulse Cannons
2x Type 3 Burst Fire A-Class Topredoes (Fore)
1x Type 2 Burst Fire A-Class Torpedoes (Aft)

Shields: 3 million TJ
Armor: 12 cm Ablative
High Power SIF
Transphasic Cloak

Warp Cruise 17
Max Warp 21

Beam: 800
Torpedo: 1400
Wepons Range: 300
Shields: 1111.111
Hull: 2200
Warp: 4835.582
Maneuverability: 2500
Overall: 1353.07

Zhordic Class

In 2410, The Federation was at odds with several other powers, and a cold war of sorts began between them. They all began to absorb smaller systems, some wanting protection, others petitioned for membership, and with some powers, they took the systems by force. The Federation needed a small fast patrol type ship to roam these new territories, protecting them from invasion, and preserving the peace within them.

Starfleet Ship Development began work on this ship. Captain Xholuinlniko, a member of a species from a little known Federation world, was put in charge of the project. The Captain made a few major modifications to the original design worked up by the lower level design teams. The most obvious of which is the removal of an engineering hull from the ship. He reasoned that with the way he organized the ship, the Engineering hull was an unnecessary luxury, and with out it, they could use the recourses to build a second ship instead. Starfleet apparently agreed with him, because in 2411 they put the ship on the books and began building it.

Production time was one of the shortest of the new Ship classes, a mere four months. That combined with the low overall mass of the ship made it ideal for a high number patrol class ship. The Ship class was given by the Captain and was based off mythology from early in his planets history.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Luter Class
416m x 288m x 36m
9 decks: 250 crew: 40 officers 210 enlisted

3x Type XII Phasers
3x Type X Phasers
5x Rapid Fire Phaser Pulse Cannons
2x Type 3 Burst Fire A-Class Torpedoes (Aft)
1x Type 4 Burst Fire A/D Class Torpedoes (Fore)
2x Rapid Fire A/D Class Torpedoes (Fore)

Shileds: 5 million TJ
Ablative Armor: 45 cm
High Power SIF
Transphasic cloak

Warp Cruise: 16
Max Warp: 21

Beam: 2250
Torpedo: 7000
Wepons Range: 1000
Shields: 1851.852
Hull: 7150
Warp: 4835.582
Maneuveability: 3000
Overall: 3840.919

Luter Class

In 2409 the Federation was feeling the heat, several small skirmishes and wars had left their mark, and hostilities were rising. The old Sovereigns and newer Squorpion Class Battle Cruisers had been admirable in action however a new ship was needed. The Sovereigns were old in comparison to the rapid developments by the powers, it had already received several minor refits to amp it up in the modern battle, but it wouldn't be long before the technologies reduced it to the title of deep-space explorer/light cruiser. The Squorpions were a suitable complement to the Sovereign as a more heavily armed warship, however the Squorpion was just barely in the realm of Battle Cruiser and needed a fast nimble ship like a Sovereign to complement.

In 2411, The Federation council decided that a new Battle Cruiser Class was needed to add to the arsenal of the Federation. Starfleet, both for disinformation and so they could get a variety of designs, created seven different groups all designing their version of what was to become the newest Battle Cruiser. All seven were given six months to deliver their versions to Rear Admiral Brizger who was put in charge of finalizing the design. Four of the designs had circular saucer, two triangular, and one group tried their hand at a sphere. There was a wide variety of nacelle arrangements as well; the only common thing among them was their armament size which was rather heavy, similar to the Squorpion.

The Admiral slowly began to pick various elements from several of the designs piecing them together slowly into a cohesive whole. The admiral also increased the size of the Engineering area and incorporated several extra systems to increase the ships overall speed, and reduced the armament on the ship as needed. Overall, the Admirals half of the design stage took just over seven months, placing the final designs on the desk of Starfleet Command in February 2412.

The Design was approved first by the Admiral of Starfleet, then by the Federation Council, who had requested they be notified of the final design. The Luter, or Fighter, Class was put into production that June, with a 21 month scheduled production time. The engineers, and future crew of the ship, which were pulled out of active duty in June 2413 in preparation, labored over the ship, hoping to complete it a little ahead of the scheduled time. The just made it, the USS Luter moved out of Space dock, mid-way through February for it's maiden voyage.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

No offense, but I never liked three-nacelle ships.
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

no...I must admit after drawing it out, I do like the 2/4 nacelle design more, but I'm not against three.

What do you think of the Zhordic?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I fell like the engineering hull is missing, but I like the nacelle struts/pylons.
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Lt. Staplic wrote: the Engineering hull was an unnecessary luxury, and with out it, they could use the recourses to build a second ship instead.
to be honest I did explain it :wink:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I know you did. I just meant aesthetically, it feels a bit weird.
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I see what you mean Mikey.........it just "feels" like the balance is off.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Hmm.....It looks a little...flat....I would have had either the nacelles angled upward or downward on the Zhordic, to mimick a Akira/Miranda or the NX. Just keeps more in the feel of SF.