The Youtube video thread!

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Youtube video thread!

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Post your funniest, weirdest, or generally most entertaining youtube links here! This is mine...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

This one, for sheer effort that must have gone into it.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Damn you all for having this thread! My school's online filter blocks YouTube. Of course, I am so easily distracted that this may be a blessing. :)
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

Iran So Far

i'm a fan of andy samberg SNL music video shorts.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Bryan Moore wrote:Damn you all for having this thread! My school's online filter blocks YouTube. Of course, I am so easily distracted that this may be a blessing. :)
Are you a teacher?
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fV1R8CdXFaM

THE ANCIENT FOREST OF ELVES!
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Thorin wrote:
Bryan Moore wrote:Damn you all for having this thread! My school's online filter blocks YouTube. Of course, I am so easily distracted that this may be a blessing. :)
Are you a teacher?
Yessir. Social studies.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I just find it quite strange you'd be on youtube. It's a very studenty sort of thing to do. I can just imagine you shouting at a load of kids for going on youtube, and then after they leave you just sitting down with a sandwich going round looking at funny videos :lol:
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Thorin wrote:I just find it quite strange you'd be on youtube. It's a very studenty sort of thing to do. I can just imagine you shouting at a load of kids for going on youtube, and then after they leave you just sitting down with a sandwich going round looking at funny videos :lol:
Actually, it's quite an effective teaching tool. I teach a contemporary issues class, bits from the Daily Show, etc. can make a nice break, segue, or intro to something. Having to backdoor into YouTube is a pain, but we still do it.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Nothing is banned on the internet at my college, but if you go on it, it's tracked and you just get banned from the college intranet. Bit of a bugger that.

But at my old school, nearly all the game sites were blocked (I did a GCSE in IT, and spent 4/5 lessons on internet games). We finally managed a way round it - open up Microsoft Frontpage, type in the link, then preview it and click on the link. It will take you to that page without the block via internet explorer (or firefox). :wink:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Mt wife's district is TERRIBLE. She often can't get on sites from which she is trying to get resource material - even publishers' sites or similar. At her old school, they even blocked their own mail server!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

Bryan Moore wrote:
Thorin wrote:I just find it quite strange you'd be on youtube. It's a very studenty sort of thing to do. I can just imagine you shouting at a load of kids for going on youtube, and then after they leave you just sitting down with a sandwich going round looking at funny videos :lol:
Actually, it's quite an effective teaching tool. I teach a contemporary issues class, bits from the Daily Show, etc. can make a nice break, segue, or intro to something. Having to backdoor into YouTube is a pain, but we still do it.
i agree, we use a lot of youtube in med school; there's plenty of gruesome (you've been warned!) medical procedures you can watch that make it a great learning tool, like removal of a hydatid cyst from a person's brain. For those of you wondering, the cyst isn't actually attached to the surrounding tissue, so the neurosurgeon squirts saline behind the cyst to lubricate and force it out without puncturing the cyst (in order to avoid releasing billions of larval parasitic tapeworms).
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Here's one for you, Celeritas. My brother-in-law just had an acoustic neuroma removed. The thing was 13 years old, entwined around the auditory nerve, and abutting - though not yet ingrown - the brain stem. The neurosurgeon was actually able to debulk the tumor from the inside out, leaving only the neuroma's capsule, and thereby avoiding any damage at all to any facial nerves. Normal prognosis is at least 3-6 months of partial facial paralysis, with a fair to middling chance of permanence.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer